+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Charges Dropped Against Hillsborough Police Officer Bettison

O/T Charges Dropped Against Hillsborough Police Officer Bettison

hope they drop the charges too against the scousers that caused the stampeed into the ground

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    hope they drop the charges too against the scousers that caused the stampeed into the ground
    Yes I agree , invited to enter a football ground on the orders of the match commanding officer is a serious offence .

Care to remind me who is standing trial in January on 95 counts of manslaughter and others charged with perverting the course of justice ?
    Last edited by animallittle3; 21-08-2018 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post

What a shocking statement to make
    You don't seem to grasp that it is the police who have the authority & a duty of care & why do you think no such charges were brought
    against any supporters
    Perhaps you could check this with your old ex neighbour

He's got a point though. Nobody made those fans charge that gangway like a rampaging herd of Elephants.

Ponte nobody charged into Leppings lane like a “Rampaging herd of Elephants”?
    The Police opened the doors and said go in so they could get them off the street as there were so many, the people at the back couldn’t see what was unfolding at the front as all they wanted to do was see the game that was due to kick off!

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    He's got a point though. Nobody made those fans charge that gangway like a rampaging herd of Elephants.
    Steve mate I usually agree with most of your posts but on this one I can't

The very purpose of having the police prescence is to control crowds [I think it's called crowd control] with the police having access to all of the modern aids [radio control CCTV mounted officers patrol cars etc] otherwise just let the crowd control itself
    Which ever way you look at it they catastrophically failed [huge amount of time & money is spent by the police on crowd control] & then proceeded to systematically lie about the events
    Have you never been in a situation involving large crowds If you have you will know the dangers if you haven't then I understand your view
    Mind you haven't the CPS excelled themselves.........again
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 21-08-2018 at 02:51 PM.

It's a very sensitive topic, it seems like it will never go away, feelings for both sides of the argument are only opinions , Justice will either be done or not ,
    unfortunately nothing seems to have been done about the Heysel disaster or maybe I've missed that ? Maybe another cover up ? By who tho ?

There you go

“There was a judicial process and there were convictions. Captain Johan Mahieu, the police officer who was responsible for Z Block, where the disaster took place, was given a nine-month suspended sentence. Albert Roosens, the former general secretary of the Belgian Football Association, was given a six month suspended sentence.

“Belgian police officer Michel Kensier was acquitted. In a separate civil action brought by family members, four officials were found not liable for the deaths that resulted from the tragedy. They included Jacques Georges, the former president of UEFA; Hans Bangerter, former UEFA general secretary; former Brussels Mayor Herve Brouhon; and Viviane Baro, a former Brussels councillor for sports.

“And 24 Liverpool fans were extradited on involuntary manslaughter charges, with 14 found guilty, following a trial, on April 28, 1989, almost four years after the tragedy – it was a lengthy legal process.

“Those fans found guilty were sentenced to three years in prison, 18 months of which was suspended. Some might say those convicted didn’t serve enough time, but that’s a different argument.”
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 21-08-2018 at 04:09 PM.

In this case 14 convictions & rightly so all supporters with time served sentences
    None of the "officials" served time although were found guilty of various offences
    Does that not speak volumes? even though in Belgium

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast