+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Midweek games live

Midweek games live

I see that Sky Sports are now guaranteeing that all midweek games in the Championship can now be viewed live. There will be one live game on the main channel and all the rest can be viewed via the red button.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    I see that Sky Sports are now guaranteeing that all midweek games in the Championship can now be viewed live. There will be one live game on the main channel and all the rest can be viewed via the red button.
    I’m not keen.

I think it’ll affect attendances and reduce crowds at non league football.

Tenner a game isn't it? You have to have Sky Sports to access it I think.
    Mick, I'd imagine the money Sky are paying the clubs for this will more than compensate for the loss of bums on seats.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Mick, I'd imagine the money Sky are paying the clubs for this will more than compensate for the loss of bums on seats.
    I don't think that you have to pay extra for it Chris. If you have Sky Sports then it is included in your package. I believe tbat the tenner a game is via WBA TV.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    I still don’t like it Chris.

Brian Clough said in the 70’s that live football would kill football.

I noticed at the weekend that Cardiff had empty seats for their first home match in their return to the Prem.

The top division can rely on 90-95% full stadia but at our level and below it could decimate crowds and stop away fans from even bothering to turn out.

On Monday last week Stourbridge FC played their first home match in front of 737 because of a lack of other local mainstream football available but on Saturday with Albion at home and Wolves at Leicester the crown dipped to 560.

If every match is live non league will suffer imo.

For someone who has to make a 420 mile 6 hour return trip to see a game at The Hawthorns, it is good news. However, I do agree with you about the effect on non league football. My home team, Folkestone Invicta usually play their midweek games on a Tuesday, the same day as most Championship games. I go regularly to watch them so I'll probably have to record the Championship game as long as that is possible from the red button.

As usual, all about money. I think the games can be streamed for £10 if you don’t have Sky. Really, though, it’s about Sky raking in lots more advertising revenue from the ghastly betting companies. How I would love to see a ban on ‘betting advertising’ along the lines of the ban on tobacco advertising. Online betting companies are parasites of modern society.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Tip do you know if you have the choice of midweek games on sky go which is on tablets and mobile phones?

Going to see Brian Wilson on Friday and would help me if it is possible to see these games on sky go.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Tip do you know if you have the choice of midweek games on sky go which is on tablets and mobile phones?

Going to see Brian Wilson on Friday and would help me if it is possible to see these games on sky go.
    All the best with the Legendary Brian Wilson concert BB, I saw him perform a few years back when he premiered the SMILE album at Brum and Bournemouth, flippin brilliant, one of the best concerts ever!

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post

Don't know about Sky Go but I cannot see any reason why you can't. It is available to stream on the Sky Sports app as well.

I tried the red button last night and although I got every game, I thought the quality was slightly inferior.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)