+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Referee for Sunday

Referee for Sunday

Is Craig Thomson.

And I thought we'd seen the last of that clown.

So what order does it go in again Motherwell player ordered off, penalty to Rangers, goal chopped off. Bad enough playing against eleven men������

None of that would surprise me, but then again it wouldn't surprise me if they get a red card too. He actually let us off with a stonewall penalty in the playoff second leg when the tie was still in the balance at 0-0 so we've benefitted from his madness in the past. He's not a cheat or biased, he's just an awful referee and compounds it by being extremely arrogant and fussy and seems to revel in making himself the number one topic of discussion in matches.

I think Hartley has set himself up for a red card with his stupid comments today.

Quote Originally Posted by DIBolton View Post
    I think Hartley has set himself up for a red card with his stupid comments today.
    His comments were ridiculous... Motherwell players always give too much respect to the old firm so it serves no beneficial purpose for him to say no respect will be given on the pitch either.
    If he gets a ban that hurts the club, not him.... he could be fined, but really what Robinson should do is come out and say he’s dropping Hartley for this game given his remarks.
    I doubt that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by firparkUSA View Post
    His comments were ridiculous... Motherwell players always give too much respect to the old firm so it serves no beneficial purpose for him to say no respect will be given on the pitch either.
    If he gets a ban that hurts the club, not him.... he could be fined, but really what Robinson should do is come out and say he’s dropping Hartley for this game given his remarks.
    I doubt that will happen.
    He has and he's given Thomson even more amunition to 'make a name for himself' by red carding him just days after making some very ill timed and ill advised comments just days before a high profile match. We're sitting bottom of the league with no points and no goals to our name and the last thing we needed was our captain coming out with nonsense like that in an official press conference. Hartley is a 30 year old man and in a position of responsibility, not a youngster and he really should have known better.

He has I fear, created a huge rod for his own and our backs on Sunday.

What’s the chances that high balls are pumped into our box in the hope Hartley accidentally or otherwise ends up elbowing someone,we then end up playing with 10 men. IMO Hartley would be nowhere near my starting eleven even if it means weakening an already vulnerable defence, would also remove him from being captain as his comments send out the wrong message regarding him,team and the football club. ��.

Hartley would be the first name on the team sheet if I was picking the team.

Hartley is a good player and a real aset to the defence and team but his comments, in response to a media trap, were downright wrong. We can expect no favours from Thomson on Sunday - I thought he had retired. Whats the betting on a red card for us?

I believe the SFA abandoned the age limit on referees (used to be 47 I think). Now, fitness is the criteria.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)