+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Newport County 21/8/18

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Hewitt's lack of confidence when he plays at full-back, compared with his considerable confidence when he plays in midfield, suggests that even he knows it, but like any professional footballer he has to play where he's told.
    Half-time losing 2-1....great start by Notts, Newport looked shaky as we put them under pressure....Enzio (my MOM) was flying down the wing, superb to cross to Hemmings (having a great game) at the near post...simple goal, 1-0.

Husin is playing well, Thomas is putting in a great shift, Jones is spending more time attacking than defending.

25 minutes...Notts collapse again....first Hewitt gives away a needless corner, 3 Newport players unmarked at the back post...1-1....Notts drop their heads, comedy defending from Duffers where instead of booting it down the line, he attempts a backpass to Fitz or Hewey (that's how bad it was), 2 Newport strikers intercept it, exchange passes...2-1

We look good going forward.....BUT WE ARE DREADFUL AT THE BACK....AGAIN

23rd as it stands at half time!....Only Cheltenham below us.

Can't believe this after all pre season signings hype. COYP.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Oh my days, only Enzio can come out of the first half with any credit. Duffy you dick and Fitz, you really are a vampire. Oh and Thomas, stick to being a tank engine, he's shyte.
    Fitz kicking is doing my nut... how can be still be clearing the pitch at the end of the half? Surely after the first couple, you'd take some off the ball.

Jones... Hewitt... how many times do they just good it aimlessly, under no pressure?

There is something very wrong and I sense a season of struggle is on the cards.

... Tommo on Radio Red ... 'Duffy doesn't look his sharpest' ...

Richard Duffy played right-back earlier in his career and is having a nightmare at centre half. Elliott Hewitt needs rescuing from the right-back position.

Take off Stead (not his fault). Move Duffy to right-back. Put Bird at centre-half (couldn't do worse than Duffy, inexperienced or not). Move Hewitt into midfield. Play 4-3-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    Fitz kicking is doing my nut... how can be still be clearing the pitch at the end of the half? Surely after the first couple, you'd take some off the ball.

Jones... Hewitt... how many times do they just good it aimlessly, under no pressure?

There is something very wrong and I sense a season of struggle is on the cards.
    The people got what they wanted though didn't they? A bunch of morons on Twitter effectively hounded Collin out and we're left with Fitzsimons. And you're right, we're going to waste another season in this league, if we are lucky, we might avoid a relegation scrap but I think we might drop

Money, money,money it's not funny in a Nolan world... Especially when spent so poorly

Another free header from a Newport freekick, good save Fitz, should be 3-1 down. Cmon Notts, get back into the game ffs COYP

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Richard Duffy played right-back earlier in his career and is having a nightmare at centre half. Elliott Hewitt needs rescuing from the right-back position.

Take off Stead (not his fault). Move Duffy to right-back. Put Bird at centre-half (couldn't do worse than Duffy, inexperienced or not). Move Hewitt into midfield. Play 4-3-3.
    I like the sound of that Jackal

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast