+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Last manager to take 1 point from the first 4 games........

Last manager to take 1 point from the first 4 games........

Chris Kiwomya.

It really is that bad.

But that was in L1!

He was a total waste of space.

He was working under Ray Trew and his cronies and brought us Jack Grealish and Callum McGregor, I’d have more faith in him signing a decent player over Nolan any day

How crap must Colchester be, not to put three goals past us.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    But that was in L1!
    Very true.

And what's even worse is that only two managers in the last 50 years have taken us to the very foot of the Football League, Gary Mills and now Kevin Nolan.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Very true.

And what's even worse is that only two managers in the last 50 years have taken us to the very foot of the Football League, Gary Mills and now Kevin Nolan.
    That’s exalted company. The early league table indicates we haven’t actually been beaten by anyone who’s any good yet. Colchester would have done but they sat back cos they thought we were a decent side.

I wonder if we’ve ever got off to such a poor start and turned it around to win promotion?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    That’s exalted company. The early league table indicates we haven’t actually been beaten by anyone who’s any good yet. Colchester would have done but they sat back cos they thought we were a decent side.

I wonder if we’ve ever got off to such a poor start and turned it around to win promotion?

The worst ever four game start to a Notts promotion campaign would be 1989/90 (3rd tier under Warnock), we had 4 points (WLLD) and were 15th, although one of the two defeats was away to the eventual champions Bristol Rovers. plus we had finished the previous campaign very strongly, so there was no sense of panic.

It's only 4 matches but there hasn't been one good performance and we've let in 10 goals in the last three (or 13 in 4 with the League Cup). No goals scored in the two at home either whilst a manager of a rival 4th tier club has already been sacked for a poor start.

If Hardy were to pull the trigger now I'm not so sure it would be that much of a surprise to the wider football world, despite the fact we made the play-offs last season. Rock bottom of the 92 is not a pretty sight for anyone, but it's especially bad for one that continues to average 7,500 and has just spent big in the summer. It's beyond poor now, it's a shocking start to the season, there's no getting away from that.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    The worst ever four game start to a Notts promotion campaign would be 1989/90 (3rd tier under Warnock), we had 4 points (WLLD) and were 15th, although one of the two defeats was away to the eventual champions Bristol Rovers. plus we had finished the previous campaign very strongly, so there was no sense of panic.

It's only 4 matches but there hasn't been one good performance and we've let in 10 goals in the last three (or 13 in 4 with the League Cup). No goals scored in the two at home either whilst a manager of a rival 4th tier club has already been sacked for a poor start.

If Hardy were to pull the trigger now I'm not so sure it would be that much of a surprise to the wider football world, despite the fact we made the play-offs last season. Rock bottom of the 92 is not a pretty sight for anyone, but it's especially bad for one that continues to average 7,500 and has just spent big in the summer. It's beyond poor now, it's a shocking start to the season, there's no getting away from that.

Cheers Utm. So the evidence is pretty scant that Nolan can turn it around and get promotion, which I presume is still the aim.

I remember that Warnock season, the start was disappointing, but as you say he’d only come in halfway through the previous season and had done very well. The other big difference between now and then is that there was no transfer window so chairmen could wait and know a new bloke could get new players in and ship others out if necessary. We’ve got 9 days.