+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Hull City Post Match Thoughts

That is the major error with us,as it was before,at this level,its individual errors that cost us games,and if fresh players are not brought in it will cost us again,but when you think about it,look at the other clubs in this league,we fall way short with the budget,we are operating on.

We had 15 shots last night (which was more than Hull), only 4 on target. Much too wasteful. Still not too late to get a proper goalscorer on loan.
    Other than the Cardiff City friendly, our midfield has been fairly poor. Still need another signing there. Doesn't look like Wiles will be given anything other than the occasional cameo role - rather baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    My big concern is that we never seem to learn from our mistakes. It's the same old,same old.
    And it will be same old on Sunday and Millwall are far better than Hull.

Taylor does have a role to play, but it's definitely not as a winger. He's a liability defensively and can't put in a decent cross 9 times out of 10. At Peterborough he played just off the striker and was very effective there due to his pace. In games where we do go one upfront, I'd like to see Taylor given a chance to play that free role. Let his pace cause them problems and have Forde or Williams down the right to offer more defensive support.

Couple of other thoughts:

Williams is by far the best winger at the club, and the second best player, behind...

Ajayi. He gets a lot of stick on here for mistakes, but he's the only one of our players who could easily play at a higher level (as soon as he starts booting the ball into touch). I hope Warne sticks with him this year, because he's going to have games where he completely nullifies their attacking threat.

Rodak made a howler for their second (as did Taylor), but he's earned the right to trust him with his performances last year.

Hopefully Jones is back fit for Sunday.

Warne bangs on about attacking from the off at home, then goes with 5 in midfield and 1 up front
    He clearly has no trust in our midfield if he feels the need to pile in 3 CMs into the team, it didn't help though did it?

We might as well have not even bothered having any players down the right last night, completely ineffective.

It was only in the 70th minute when Proctor came on that we looked like getting back in the game, but of course it was too late by then

The problem is, I don't think Warne knows how to change his team when its going tits up. As soon as their 3rd went in we should've made 2 subs there and then, instead it took Warne and Barker 10 minutes of discussion to make their minds up what to do, and I still think they made the wrong decision. The game was crying out for another striker to be up front with Smith.

That starting 11 is not good enough for this league.

Smith needs help up front with him to be effective.
    Taylor and Vyner are not good enough for this league, they shouldn't be starting.
    Vaulks and Palmer also totally ineffective, couldn't string a pass between them.
    Yes Wood scored, but he's still too slow and nearly got caught out a few times last night.
    Mattock had an off day too, he wasn't quick enough to track back at times
    Rodak had a howler for their second, but he still pulled off a few decent saves. I also liked that even though he effed up for their second, he didn't let it affect his confidence. For some keepers it would've led to a snowball effect of clangers, Rodak composed himself and got on with the game
    The only positive from the starting 11 is that Manning looks like a good, clever player. He see's passes and runs that none of our other midfielders see. He did fluff up some passes, but it was a very convincing first game and I think he'll be important for our midfield
    I also though Ajayi had a good game, it's good to see him improving his consistency, I think he'll be essential for this team.
    Last edited by Donmiller; 22-08-2018 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Why can I not type V1TAL without it starring it out???

Some are saying Vyner wasn’t at fault for first goal, I disagree he saw the goal scorer and wasn’t anywhere near him to do something, he needs to get near the his man which he seems to be missing in his games.

Quote Originally Posted by Donmiller View Post

We might as well have not even bothered having any players down the right last night, completely ineffective.
    Same as at Brentford then? Putting an extra man in midfield doesn't seem to have improved things much , although we did manage to concede "only" three goals last night.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 22-08-2018 at 10:58 AM.

When the extra man is vaulks he might as wello not be there as he has no impact on the game. He can't tackle, shoot or defend. Might as well put Wiles in who has some semblance of an idea. Vaulks made Palmer look good yesterday. So might as well just put in 2 cms rather than 3 they were being by passed anyway.

DON: The starring of that word is a bit daft really its just cos its a rival site. I often use that word in its proper context and thought I must have used a swear word when I first used it when I saw the stars. Its not as though it is a rival site really and you are allowed to use the word "banter" which is more of a rival.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 22-08-2018 at 12:08 PM.

1st goal was 100% mattocks fault he failed to deal with the situation and yet again let the cross come from the left hand side, how can we blame the right back for the left back allowing yet another cross. Clough used to say that a full backs job was to stop crosses into the box, Joe Mattock does not do that job
    2nd goal 3 players screwed up, yet again Mattock for not stopping the cross when he had a simple clearance, Rodak for not catching and Taylor for not clearing
    We have two awful fullbacks and they need to be dropped and two loans brought in one left back and one central midfielder and vaulks moved to right back

So we played well against a poor team.

And still lost.

I’m not one for blaming etc etc.

In the games I’ve seen vyners played steady(Ipswich) an palmers been non exaistant.

On we go, up the millers!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast