+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hull City Post Match Thoughts

Hull City Post Match Thoughts

When we scored on 16 minutes I knew either my heart or our defence wouldn't survive for 74 minutes and I was right, thankfully (for me anyway) on the latter. Despite the family environment at the club it's surely time PW reminded the team that from 40-50 minutes is not a tea break.

Some positives that we showed fight and the ability to change things up when needed and have goals throughout the team. Looking ahead to Millwall I feel we can give them a game despite their finish last season and a good start this. Hopefully our neighbours will give them a kicking tomorrow night to soften them up.

Thoughts? Looked like we might break our 0-4 record against Nigel Adkins but it wasn't to be.

Taylor isnt consistent enough to start games in the championship. His defending for their 2nd goal was inept. It required a basic kick into touch yet he tried to control it in the box without having a clue where their player was, got dispossessed and they score. That goal right there was the turning point

Vyner and Taylor to blame for first 2 goals. A balls up on left hand side for 3rd. The daft thing is all of these could have been avoided by some simple league 2 defending.Warne has got to drop Taylor. He runs about yeah but thats it. Procs looked good when he came on as did Newell. I was most disappointed in Vyner though because I thought he had been ok in the other games but he didnt win a header all game and his passing was awful. Vaulks was another headless chicken. The problem is who do we replace Vyner, Taylor and Vaulks with...4 5 1 was not the right formation either. The midfield was by passed by us and them so might as well have played with an extra forward.

A good comeback though in spite of all that but all a tad too late.

Ref was crap as well so nowt ever changes in the champ on that either.

The gulf in class was marked in every aspect of the game, despite Austria they were fitter, they were stronger, first were first to the second ball.

The list goes on, they clever in possession and passed through us with ease, the pressed us hard forcing errors. I do feel for Warne as he’s not got the tools to do the job, we are going to ship plenty this year again.

Taylor...he runs around! That’s it
    Vaulks ..gets caught in possession, can pass, he’s really really struggling in this league.
    Vyner...lacking confidence, can pass the ball and hasn’t settled yet.
    Rodak..punching again at chest height, straight to their player, and that led to a gimme goal.

Serious issues all over the place

Wrong formation from Warne. 4-5-1 at home???? I mentioned my point on that before a ball was kicked.

That was the majority of last seasons winning formula but this is the Championship!
    We were lucky to smash and grab 3 points off Ipswich and tonight we were found out by a team very much the same as ourselves and that says a lot of how poor the set up was. Even with five across the middle we couldn’t control the game.

Only when Warne finally got brave by introducing Vassell and Proctor did we look big enough to take the game to them but it was all in
    Vain. Poor old Smudge got battered all game with no support from the weaklings Vaulks/Palmer who simply cannot play together in the team. Woeful against Ipswich shocking tonight and for me either should have been dropped at half time.

Their goals. Mattock should have let the ball roll out for a throw in with no pressure and 1 nil up. Instead he tried to be clever and was robbed off the ball. Cross goes in and Vyner, oh dear, couldn’t see the ball out.

Second goal - Why didn’t Rodak catch the ball sit on it and hatch an egg. That’s how much time and space he had instead of a pathetic limp wrested punch straight to them to score.

Third goal- simply put the ball in row Z when under pressure and re group. Will he ever learn this simple tactic?

Lots of negatives and I fear the worst come Sunday unless Warne has a serious re think about tonight and how wrong his formation was.
    Last edited by Brin; 21-08-2018 at 09:27 PM.

I blame Warne for the 1st half in not using right players/formation.

I was gobsmacked when Rodak punched the ball, absolutely no need at all for him to do it, we could use the excuse that no player shouted him though.

I can only think Vyner pulls up trees in training, I’ve kept quiet about him because it’s early days but today I’m saying he was ****. Where is Jones?

Played a lot better when the subs were eventually used and was unlucky not to get a point or even three if the put them away.

I’m trying to be calmed but I’m ****ed off about the first half performance

MOTM Manning

Officials were **** aswell
    Last edited by millertop; 21-08-2018 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I blame Warne for the 1st half in not using right players/formation.

I was gobsmacked when Rodak pinched the ball absolutely no need at all for him to do, we could use the excuse that no player shouted him though.

I can only think Vyner pulls,trees in training, I’ve kept quiet about him because it’s early days but today I’m saying he was ****. Where is Jones?

Played a lot better when the subs were eventually used and was unlucky not to get a point or even three if the put them away.

I’m trying to be calmed but I’m ****edmoff about the first half performance

MOTM Manning
    Who is coaching Vyner in the art of defending?

Who is coaching Taylor how to defend as a midfielder?

Who is coaching Rodak in how to catch the ball and slow things down so the defenders can catch their breath?

The answer is, nobody

Is he actually being serious here? Ffs we were at home, you should have been be attacking from the start.

Andy Giddings
    @Gids1980
    #rufc PW on starting with 1 up front not two: “I just think it leaves us too open at times, with 3 in midfield it gives us more secruity.”

One up front at home is a definate no for me. We are obviously limited in all departments in this league but we do look ok and capable of scoring when get the ball in the box. Both full backs were poor tonight and we need someone who can pick a pass in midfield. Other than that and Rodak's punching there is nothing to worry about!!

I really hope that Paul Warne and the management team start to learn from their mistakes because there is precious little evidence that they have done so up to now. Wrong team selection and wrong formation seems to be the norm. A defensive coach would be a move in the right direction for starters.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast