+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Enough is enough

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Try again tomorrow Swale. I'm afraid only knee jerk posts are acceptable tonight.
    I've watched 85% of KN's games in charge of Notts live, so I'm confused as to why would a negative opinion be "knee jerk"?

There's a long list of reasons which are now adding up to him needing to go.

KN has told us he is (was) happy with his squad. This is a squad where Duffy & Brisley are backed up by an inexperienced loanee and an even more inexperienced kid we got from Dunkirk. I don't know how you can describe that as anything other than mismanagement at this level.

My first post in a long time and I hate it to be in such miserable circumstances.

Firstly I don't think last season has anything to do with it.
    We lost out on Yates, strikers got slower as the season went on, defence played well, we made the play-offs.
    It's churlish to say NOW that last season was anything other than pretty good.

This season is another matter entirely.
    Something very strange seems to have happened in the defence.
    13 goals in 4 games - and against Yeovil and Newport.

I think players have to go - and I think Nolan has to go too.
    I couldn't believe I could be saying this after 4 league games - but something is dreadfully wrong.
    It won't happen before Saturday - but Saturday is going to make things worse.
    We are bottom after breaking the bank.

Change now.

Quote Originally Posted by miles3659 View Post
    My first post in a long time and I hate it to be in such miserable circumstances.

We lost out on Yates, strikers got slower as the season went on, defence played well, we made the play-offs.

I couldn't believe I could be saying this after 4 league games - but something is dreadfully wrong.

Change now.
    The last sentence is what will make Hardy act

Change now.
    I think last season was a good pointer to what’s happening now. We were dire for the most part of Jan onwards and it was only Forte’s effort and goals in the last few weeks of the season that got us in the playoffs. And what did we do with him ?

I actually feel sorry for the defence, they’ve been hung out to dry. They proved last season that they were more than capable when keeping it simple and given some protection.

Suddenly they seem to have been asked to pass the ball out from the back, which they aren’t very good at, leading to stuff like Newport’s second goal tonight.

We also released an experienced goalkeeper who, whilst far from infallible, was pretty reliable at coming for crosses in his zone and either claiming them or getting something on them. This to blood a young keeper who makes flashy saves and can kick it cleanly, but refuses to leave his line even to claim a looped corner dropping about four yards away from him (the first goal tonight).

Probably most fatally, though, they’re being asked to play behind a midfield of four attacking midfielders. I actually think you can trace this malaise back not necessarily to Ryan Yates leaving, but our attempts to replace him with Noor Husin, a flashy but ultimately ineffective footballer who offers absolutely nothing without the ball. That and the mysterious disappearance of Terry Hawkridge, who is intelligent defensively, incredibly hard working and made us a much more balanced team.

This summer was supposed to be about taking the small steps needed to turn last season’s good team into a promotion winning one. Boldewijn, Dennis and Hemmings have, in among the chaos, looked like the players we needed (and I think that Crawford is impressive for an 18 year old, to be fair) - it’s just that we have for some reason ripped up everything we had that was good elsewhere in the team.

The only explanation I have is that the criticism Nolan received from Coventry and a vocal minority of Notts fans for his style of player has caused him to completely lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    I actually feel sorry for the defence, they’ve been hung out to dry. They proved last season that they were more than capable when keeping it simple and given some protection.

Suddenly they seem to have been asked to pass the ball out from the back, which they aren’t very good at, leading to stuff like Newport’s second goal tonight.

We also released an experienced goalkeeper who, whilst far from infallible, was pretty reliable at coming for crosses in his zone and either claiming them or getting something on them. This to blood a young keeper who makes flashy saves and can kick it cleanly, but refuses to leave his line even to claim a looped corner dropping about four yards away from him (the first goal tonight).

Probably most fatally, though, they’re being asked to play behind a midfield of four attacking midfielders. I actually think you can trace this malaise back not necessarily to Ryan Yates leaving, but our attempts to replace him with Noor Husin, a flashy but ultimately ineffective footballer who offers absolutely nothing without the ball. That and the mysterious disappearance of Terry Hawkridge, who is intelligent defensively, incredibly hard working and made us a much more balanced team.

This summer was supposed to be about taking the small steps needed to turn last season’s good team into a promotion winning one. Boldewijn, Dennis and Hemmings have, in among the chaos, looked like the players we needed (and I think that Crawford is impressive for an 18 year old, to be fair) - it’s just that we have for some reason ripped up everything we had that was good elsewhere in the team.

The only explanation I have is that the criticism Nolan received from Coventry and a vocal minority of Notts fans for his style of player has caused him to completely lose it.
    Agreed. All we needed was a few additions to build on what we had, just to get us over the line this year. Instead, we're a completely different side. All the comments from the Cov fans after the playoff first leg were about how we're a horrible team, hard to beat, professional, nasty, competitive, etc. What happened to that? Now we're lightweight, naive, lazy and ineffective.

A few points that people have probably already made:

Fitz is a downgrade on Collin.
    Vaughan and Husin are luxury players in L2. We just needed a Ravenhill instead. It would have been better to just keep O'Connor.
    No point in having expensive strikers if you concede three every game.
    And anyway, I'd wager that Forte will score more than either Dennis or Hemmings this season.
    Jones and Hewitt put in the worst full-back performances I have ever seen last night. I'd rather have Hunt and Dickinson playing, and that's saying something.
    Our centre backs are too slow and simply don't seem able to concentrate. Every team we play has better options at the back than us.
    Lincoln will absolutely hammer us. And so we'll be rooted to the bottom. Are we really in trouble?

The positive we only let 3 in tonight !

Another hammering is coming on Saturday as he will still play the same defenders and I’m calling it Vaughan is too much of a luxury at this level O’Connor is better.

CJ, Swale is a total rose-tinted dilusionist , he will never ever see what's in front of his nose

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    CJ, Swale is a total rose-tinted dilusionist , he will never ever see what's in front of his nose
    I think the word you seek is 'optimist', preferably preceded by 'patient'

Excellent post miles, if change doesn't happen soon. We will struggle to even make the top half, already need 3 wins without Exeter scoring a point plus a whole load of goals to reach the top.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast