+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Enough is enough

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Big Al has said that he will, "Do whatever we need to do to put things right". Strange how he hasn't come out and backed Nolan yet.

Attachment 10443
    He hasn't come out and backed the groundsman, tea lady or anyone else either. I like the fact he can admit it's been cack!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    How would giving any of the other 23 managers in this league the same budget as Notts improve our league standing?
    I read it to mean that we gave the budget to one of the others, then they woud have bought the same players we have nstead of us. This would then leave us with the same squad that made the play-offs last year and caught our 23 opponents off guard. Crafty!

Cooked goose is excellent!!! Praps some gouda in there, that melts easily and shows we have a soft centre(back).
    We could do a two-for-the price-of-one on those then

Quote Originally Posted by roweyp View Post
    Nonsense, Hardy isn't even a Notts fan it's all about his ego. He isn't hurting as he's too arrogant to acknowledge he's got it wrong.
    Why isn't he a Notts fan? he was supporting us before he bought the club.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I think he actually said that he "was actually finding it hard to get TO bed in the morning" ie he couldn't sleep, his whole career is crashing down around his ears.....if it was me, I'd be the same.
    Well I interpreted it as, we've been so sheite, that he's been out on the lash most nights and having consumed large quantities of Monkey's tail, he then has problems locating his home address and consequently his pit. No ???

Quote Originally Posted by 51Magpie View Post
    I wouldn't compare him with Sheridan, but I thought he sounded defeated a couple of days ago when he let slip something about finding it hard to get out of bed in the morning, knowing the problems he was going to have to face up to.
    The difficulty in him getting up might be caused by the same thing that sees him bleary eyed, red nosed and speaking slurred scouse!!

Well I interpreted it as, we've been so sheite, that he's been out on the lash most nights and having consumed large quantities of Monkey's tail, he then has problems locating his home address and consequently his pit. No ???
    Mmmmmm...possibly, if the rumours are true?....he defo said he was having trouble sleeping....is the pressure getting to him with so much expected of him this year?....he wouldn't be the first to turn to alcohol to get him through it....shame really because I like the guy and I don't want to go back to the bad old days of shuffling managers every 6 months.

If he gets a really good 6ft 3inches defender in on loan and possibly a Yates-like "animal" in midfield, gets Toots back in on the right wing and tells Jones to stop in his own half, we can still turn this around....the bookies still have us down for promotion according to the odds

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    the bookies still have us down for promotion according to the odds
    Not really. There are 5 clubs with shorter odds than us for promotion, and only 4 go up.

Also 4/1 for promotion works out at a 20% chance of going up, and an 80% chance of not going up.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football...ue-2/promotion

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    Nolan has to go. You need Bishop / Ravenhill type players in midfield and a Strodder / Lee at Centre Back.

Then the footballers can play.

We are too lightweight and seriously will be facing a relegation battle without a new manager and some instant loans.

"Enough, is enough, is enough
    I can't go on, I can't go on no more no
    Enough, is enough, is enough
    I want him out, I want him out that door now "

Jonnyt sings Donna Summer !

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Why isn't he a Notts fan? he was supporting us before he bought the club.
    Well if he was he admitted he didn't know about Lifeline till last season. However I didn't think he was a Notts supporter other than taking an interest in local clubs. Paragon did sponsor Notts (shirts?) one season I think in the RT era or maybe before.

Doesn't particularly matter except if I was to be the owner of the club and knowing the history of the last 60yrs I'd be a lot more circumspect about what I thought I could achieve and there'd be no bladdy 5 year plan to the Championship.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678