+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rock bottom in August. Promotion in May.

Rock bottom in August. Promotion in May.

Call me deluded (or worse) but this is who we are and why we love our club Notts County. If we lived in California with all year sun and beauty we would be bored rigid. Nothing to get heated up and passionate about. Admittedly, the first four games have been scandalous, due in part , however, to our increased expectations. Come on, we all thought we would be flying high from the start. But this is Notts County lads....it was goinf to be and always will be painful.
    So Nolan will still be learning loads from this and I think it will make him and us stronger in the medium term. Ditto Alan Hardy who is redefining the old adage..how do you become a millionaire? Give a billionaire a football club to run.
    We must stick with it and never lose sight of the fact that the constant change of managers gets us nowhere. He will make changes. Get a couple of key loanees and sort it out.
    And optimistically we will be part of a rags to riches story this season.
    This is just the way I view it. Please don't question my ....sanity, loyalty, team affiliation, number of games seen, ***ual or political orientation etc.
    This is the ride we are on . And can't/ won't get off.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by glasgowdave View Post
    Call me deluded (or worse) but this is who we are and why we love our club Notts County. If we lived in California with all year sun and beauty we would be bored rigid. Nothing to get heated up and passionate about. Admittedly, the first four games have been scandalous, due in part , however, to our increased expectations. Come on, we all thought we would be flying high from the start. But this is Notts County lads....it was goinf to be and always will be painful.
    So Nolan will still be learning loads from this and I think it will make him and us stronger in the medium term. Ditto Alan Hardy who is redefining the old adage..how do you become a millionaire? Give a billionaire a football club to run.
    We must stick with it and never lose sight of the fact that the constant change of managers gets us nowhere. He will make changes. Get a couple of key loanees and sort it out.
    This is just the way I view it. Please don't question my ....sanity, loyalty, team affiliation, number of games seen, ***ual or political orientation etc.
    David
    Great Post :-)

Utter nonsense, I'd love to live in California.

David
    A good post but I do not agree about the increased expectation. My concern is about the actual performances. Last night was just dreadful, even if I'd been happy with a mid-table season, it would still have been awful.

I want to see KN given time to sort it though. No doubt that strengthening is needed, sorry that Collin, Thompson, Milsom, O'Connor and Hollis (yes!) aren't here to be selected

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    A good post but I do not agree about the increased expectation. My concern is about the actual performances. Last night was just dreadful, even if I'd been happy with a mid-table season, it would still have been awful.

I want to see KN given time to sort it though. No doubt that strengthening is needed, sorry that Collin, Thompson, Milsom, O'Connor and Hollis (yes!) aren't here to be selected
    You were doing ok until you mentioned Hollis.

Hollis seems to be doing rather well at Forest Green?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post

You forgot Forte 2 goals in 4 and even Arquin ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    You forgot Forte 2 goals in 4 and even Arquin ffs.
    No I didn't, I am happy with the attack. Forte won't keep it up, too much of a 'fits and starts' player.

David
    Well said Dave and great to hear from you on here too!

Hopefully we will meet up at Carlisle,Crewe or Morecombe...the delights!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast