+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jamie Murph and Plastic Pitches

Jamie Murph and Plastic Pitches

Most of us will have read that Jamie Murphy will miss the rest of the season with an ACL injury and I am sorry to learn that. He may be a Rangers player now but as a young guy he came through our club system and was a very good player for us. I hope he makes a full recovery.
    Plastic pitches - they should not be allowed in top flight football. Yes, injuries do occur on grass but there seems to be a lot of criticism of them by people who know - managers and players.i understand that some clubs install them as money generators/money savers but they are not good enough for top flight games. We could have gone down that route to replace our terrible pitch a few seasons ago but I am very glad we did not.

My reaction when he went down was to hope that the injury was not too bad but delighted he would not face us on Sunday. We'll just have to cope with Lafferty instead.

It's a shame for Murphy to get an injury like that at his stage in his career - late 20s in/entering his prime years. He did well for us and seemed to really enjoy his time with us. Hope he recovers well.

From a selfish point of view though, I'm glad he won't be playing against us on Sunday.

Would rather he was playing against us than he'd torn his cruciate tbh but aye, hard not to think we've got a better chance against them without him.

Like everyone else I prefer proper pitches but cruciates get torn on grass as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Would rather he was playing against us than he'd torn his cruciate tbh but aye, hard not to think we've got a better chance against them without him.

Like everyone else I prefer proper pitches but cruciates get torn on grass as well.
    Yeah, I mean no harm to the guy whatsoever, but as I said from a Motherwell point of view, I'm glad he's not facing us. They do now have Kyle Lafferty back though and he rarely fails to score against us at Fir Park no matter what strip he's wearing. Would anyone bet against him doing the same on Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    Yeah, I mean no harm to the guy whatsoever, but as I said from a Motherwell point of view, I'm glad he's not facing us. They do now have Kyle Lafferty back though and he rarely fails to score against us at Fir Park no matter what strip he's wearing. Would anyone bet against him doing the same on Sunday?
    Yeah, Murphy having a wee cold would have been ideal. Lafferty a certainty to score.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)