+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: v Brentford

v Brentford

Fingers crossed Brentford are definitely a bogey team for Villa.

Let’s hope Villa turn up firing on all cylinders. ✌️

One change Whelan in for Bjarnason.

Lineup:-

Nyland
    Tuanzebe
    Chester
    Jedinak
    Hutton
    ElMohamady
    Whelan
    McGinn
    Adomah
    Grealish
    Kodjia
    Last edited by VillaRosie; 22-08-2018 at 06:08 PM.

Thought we played well tonight, best performance of the season for me.
    Ref was bloody shocking, their CF shouldn't of been on the pitch to score their 2nd.
    That performance was the first glint of light for me this season. Another day we would have won comfortably.
    Manager deserves credit. Wow, did I just write that?

Great performance from the team. Thought the keeper had a good game after his dodgy start which was reassuring. Defence needs a bit of work and Jedi is no centre back. Controversially I would like to see Jack be a bit more incisive up front. There is another gear for him to go up with the obvious ability he has and needs to get on the score sheet more often. What a player he would be then.

+ Best performance from Villa in a very long time

+Fortunate to get the late goal though it gave us a deserved point.

+ Impressed with McGinn

+ Kodija back on track – (needs pulling on his foolish/ill advised lunge/tackles).

+ The signing of El Ghazi & (potentially) Bolasie (who’s fitness might prove to be a concern) seem to have rekindled the fire in Albert Adomah

- Defensively we are glaringly flimsy

-Why on earth is Bruce playing Jedinak @ centre back ??? he clearly isn't one !

"Thats all Folks" !!

The stomping was sickening to see I would expect some sort of citation on Maupay and a banning? Kodja lucky to escape a second yellow after running to the Villa fans. Also thought his first yellow could have easily been a red. Watching Jack so easily making space for himself and others. So much class. Thought Spuds tactics of a high pressing game against Brentford were spot on. Besides a 15 minute period I thought we were excellent. 8 points from 4 games i'll take all day long. Come on Villa!

Well we are certainly very resilient this season which is nice to see.. hopefully that’s kodja back to his best..

Really like the look of the new lad from hibs n two great loan signings to look forward to but do think we need a cb

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)