+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Footymad - To whom it may concern

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Footymad - To whom it may concern

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Dear Sirs

FOOTYMAD NETWORKS - BLADESMAD

I am writing this in the hope that someone in senior management in the Footymad network will read it.

You will be aware that over the years Bladesmad has been one of the foremost and best used boards in the network.
    This was due in part to the fact that you had a decent editor and some hard working mods who I understand gave you a great deal of time voluntarily. However, a board is only as good as its posters and you were fortunate to have some good ones on here who made Bladesmad one of the most viewed boards in the network.

Over time you have eroded this, sometimes by small actions (removing the like button or changing the layout to a less popular format). Sometimes by larger actions and especially allowing a proliferation of adverts on here together with boards that moved when first logging on to encourage the reader to accidentally click on an advert rather than the post that you wanted to open.

Eventually it seems that the editor decided that he could not work under these conditions and he left to go to another network. Next it appears that the existing mods were told overnight that their services were no longer required. That is no way to treat people who have worked so tirelessly for scant reward to promote your network.

Upon viewing todays boards it appears that you are fortunate in that one of your very best posters (SBT) has tried to remain loyal. His name on an o/p would usually guarantee at least 25-30 replies. You will note that his name appears as the last poster on most of todays threads but even he will struggle to keep the boards alive if there is no one to read them.

In the past you have responded by doing nothing knowing that Bladesmad somehow still survives but in the current crisis I genuinely believe that this will not be the case.

Therefore I feel we need some sort of response or statement by the weekend. Will you seek to avert the crisis by making improvements to the boards in order to win back posters? Or are the existing posters now of so little value to you that you intend to allow the boards to dwindle to the point where you have to close them? If the latter is the case we may as well start to look for other posting sites now but at least we will know.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely

SJH
    Last edited by silentjourneyhome; 22-08-2018 at 09:08 PM.