+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Footymad - To whom it may concern

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Footymad - To whom it may concern

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Dear Sirs

FOOTYMAD NETWORKS - BLADESMAD

I am writing this in the hope that someone in senior management in the Footymad network will read it.

You will be aware that over the years Bladesmad has been one of the foremost and best used boards in the network.
    This was due in part to the fact that you had a decent editor and some hard working mods who I understand gave you a great deal of time voluntarily. However, a board is only as good as its posters and you were fortunate to have some good ones on here who made Bladesmad one of the most viewed boards in the network.

Over time you have eroded this, sometimes by small actions (removing the like button or changing the layout to a less popular format). Sometimes by larger actions and especially allowing a proliferation of adverts on here together with boards that moved when first logging on to encourage the reader to accidentally click on an advert rather than the post that you wanted to open.

Eventually it seems that the editor decided that he could not work under these conditions and he left to go to another network. Next it appears that the existing mods were told overnight that their services were no longer required. That is no way to treat people who have worked so tirelessly for scant reward to promote your network.

Upon viewing todays boards it appears that you are fortunate in that one of your very best posters (SBT) has tried to remain loyal. His name on an o/p would usually guarantee at least 25-30 replies. You will note that his name appears as the last poster on most of todays threads but even he will struggle to keep the boards alive if there is no one to read them.

In the past you have responded by doing nothing knowing that Bladesmad somehow still survives but in the current crisis I genuinely believe that this will not be the case.

Therefore I feel we need some sort of response or statement by the weekend. Will you seek to avert the crisis by making improvements to the boards in order to win back posters? Or are the existing posters now of so little value to you that you intend to allow the boards to dwindle to the point where you have to close them? If the latter is the case we may as well start to look for other posting sites now but at least we will know.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely

SJH
    Last edited by silentjourneyhome; 22-08-2018 at 09:08 PM.

That's the thing though, it doesn't concern any of the c**nts. They've always been c**nts btw, they've just gave up trying to disguise it.

It's time to throw loyalty and sentiment out of the window. What is there to be loyal to exactly?

This network now deserves nothing but contempt.

To any posters who exclusively post on here, call it a day and move to either V1tal or S2.

Great post SJH which needed saying although as Herb says will most likely fall on deaf ears. I guess the old clique 'time will tell' will indeed;tell.

Good post SJH. I’ve written to them as well over the past few years.

I even got a response once, a few months after the major Christmas ‘upgrade’ when we lost most of the functionality, all of the historical threads including the classics, intrusive Ads tripled some of which contained malware and scores of members could neither sign back in or set up a new account). One of their owners/ bosses came on here and promised everything would be sorted and he’d get back to me/us to review how things were going if we could meanwhile try and convince members to come back. It never happened, he didn’t get back to us and it just got worse.

I delted this site from my bookmarks bookmarks over the weekend but thought I’d check back and see if it’s toes had finally curled. This network is total ****e, unsecure and the forum format is 5 years out of date. We all hark back to the great days of a bustling Bladesmad but that was because of the great posters, not the the piece of software and shocking owners that run it. It’s them who have killed it off and driven most people away. Sorry I don’t feel any ties or loyalty towards this piece of junk, and hope we all can meet up and chat somewhere more deserving. UTB!

I always felt loyalty to this site but using the new one brings home how archaic this site really is,it will be sad to see it go but I have no sympathy with those that run it (or don't) they get all they deserve

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    I always felt loyalty to this site but using the new one brings home how archaic this site really is,it will be sad to see it go but I have no sympathy with those that run it (or don't) they get all they deserve
    This is still the first forum i look at but i have to agree wi that ya say Bully.Sean said he's met some good lads off here and i also agree wi that.UTCB

I too no longer have it bookmarked and just can't get on with S2 so where does everyone reccommend as this site slowly disappears up it's own rectum?

Well most of us have headed over to v ital blades TT good to hear from you rod was getting in a right flap wondering where you were

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Well most of us have headed over to v ital blades TT good to hear from you rod was getting in a right flap wondering where you were
    Been on tour to Switzerland & Germany Bully and off again on Sunday for 7 weeks.

When I cry out 'Rod' in the middle of the night I have to tell the other half I was thinking of her , her name is Margaret, so I get away with saying I was dreaming about Maggie May .

I will have a look at ***** blades Bully, thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Been on tour to Switzerland & Germany Bully and off again on Sunday for 7 weeks.

When I cry out 'Rod' in the middle of the night I have to tell the other half I was thinking of her , her name is Margaret, so I get away with saying I was dreaming about Maggie May .

I will have a look at ***** blades Bully, thanks for that.
    Nice to know you're ok TT.I like to know the BLADESmad family are in good health. UTCB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast