+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Hibs v Aberdeen

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    I'd say he was doing ok retaining the ball was his duty and he done that. He was one of our better players yday. And shoudnt have been took off
    I honestly don’t see the praise for him being warranted.
    I acknowledge that the type of role he plays is somewhat underestimated at times but he slows things down when at times we need a quick ball forward to get the attack going.
    I will state that the 2 sitting midfielders we keep going with (as a role, not the personnel) is holding us back from progressing. 2 sitting midfielders against a team that finished a couple of places below us in the league last season but 1 man up top. Bizarre and extremely negative tactics which are not helping this team.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    It was good to see GMS loose the heed a little bit. His demeanour usually comes across as a mr nice guy type. I reckon we have a hell of a player there now.
    I reckon there could be a helluva player there he just needs to show a bit more consistency, sheer brilliant last week, pretty bang average and actually quite poor yesterday.
    Actually him and Shinnie were probably the poorest dons players yesterday.

For me the jury is still out on Gleeson

SF

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I honestly don’t see the praise for him being warranted.
    I acknowledge that the type of role he plays is somewhat underestimated at times but he slows things down when at times we need a quick ball forward to get the attack going.
    I will state that the 2 sitting midfielders we keep going with (as a role, not the personnel) is holding us back from progressing. 2 sitting midfielders against a team that finished a couple of places below us in the league last season but 1 man up top. Bizarre and extremely negative tactics which are not helping this team.
    I know that you don't see where the palraise is coming from but you have to remember you wrote him off before he'd even kicked a ball for us. Therefore phycologically you have a lot to overcome.

He was solid yesterday. That is the bottom line.

Opinions are like A-holes we all have one.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Just wanted to add a point on Shinnie's booking yesterday.
    That was pointless yellow card picked up by him and one that could have easily been avoided and should have avoided. He is going to get booked along the season we know that as that is how he plays the game but as for yesterday's card I do really think that DM should have a chat to him about that card as it was complete waste of time and could have so easily been avoided if he just kept his mouth shut.
    Things like that need to nipped out and stopped, he will get suspended as the season goes on but surely he should have the wit not get stupid meaningless bookings like that one yesterday which was deserved but should have been avoided.

SF
    Although Shinnie was 100% correct to be annoyed with the decision, he played right into Dallas hands and made his job easy for him. I'm sure other players get away with much worse than Shinnie, but he has a reputation with referee's that the likes of Dallas will love, because of the inevitable consequences of those very cheap bookings. What really p!sses me off is that everyone at AFC, including Shinnie, knows this, and still the madness continues. How stupid are they? We can all see it coming a mile off.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Thought Gleeson was good yesterday only fault is that when we were trying to break he slowed the game down too much. McInnes interview said he wasn’t trying to defend the 1-0 its just that the players weren’t keeping the ball well enough and it was inviting Hibs on to us. Didn’t think Hibs caused us too many problems though and we should have held on, GMS should have stayed with the wide player instead of going inside looking for the ball and even then he should have just gave away the foul. Dallas is just awful, seen the penalty decision on twitter and don’t get why it wasn’t awarded and even if he did think Hanlon got the ball why give a goal kick? Not seen the Boyle one again but will on sportscene later. GMS at the end was lucky not to get red but if he did so should Hibs player as that was a terrible challenge and understandable why GMS was angry. A suppose the draw was a fair reflection of game but feels 2 points dropped after leading til the end.
    Terrible challenge by the Hibs player, he had no chance of getting the ball. He then goes straight towards GMS as he's angrily getting up to his feet. Why? Hibs player knew what he was doing and made it look much worse than it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Haven't read all the posts on this thread, so may be repeating some points, but here's my take on it...

A draw was probably a fair enough result in the end. Both sides could have had a penalty. Hibs probably looked more threatening than we did in the final third.

Defensively we were fine for the most part. Gleeson and Ball in the middle compliment one another quite well - one keeps the ball well and moves it around simply, the other has the athleticism and energy to get around and make tackles. Ferguson is a great prospect and continues to impress - however he's not a no10. The big difference between us today and last week was Scott Wright picking up the ball, turning, running at pace and taking defenders out the game. We didn't have that today and we looked a bit too predictable going forward without that option.

Taking Gleeson off for Logan was strange. Considine had a lump the size of an ostrich egg on his head - no idea why McInnes didn't take the poor guy off. A better change would surely have been Considine off, Logan on at right back, Hoban and Devlin in centre and keep Shinnie at left back. Also, taking Ross off for Wilson was strange - I'd have thought Ross off for McGinn, or May off for Wilson would've made more sense. Cosgrove coming on was desperation and meant resorting to long punts up the park again, when someone like McGinn on for the final few minutes would have probably made a better impact.

Hibs don't look as brilliant as I thought they might - Mallan and Horgan are decent additions, but I think they're a bit weaker overall without Allan, McGeouch and McGinn.
    Spot on. Exactly as I saw it too.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    I know that you don't see where the palraise is coming from but you have to remember you wrote him off before he'd even kicked a ball for us. Therefore phycologically you have a lot to overcome.

He was solid yesterday. That is the bottom line.

Opinions are like A-holes we all have one.
    Last week I praised him

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Gleeson wasn’t having a strong enough influence on the match and this is why he was subbed. I certainly don’t see how he played well as he done very little.
    rj he's a Ryan Jack sort of player. Retains the ball and plays short passes to put other people in . He was ok yesterday that's what he does. Unfortunately we don't seem to have a player who can slip in the forwards from midfield. Forrester was bought for that so we will just need to wait and see. Right now we are strong and hard to beat which is ok. I would like to see a bit more flair and hopefully Forrester will come good.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Don View Post
    Terrible challenge by the Hibs player, he had no chance of getting the ball. He then goes straight towards GMS as he's angrily getting up to his feet. Why? Hibs player knew what he was doing and made it look much worse than it was.
    After watching the highlights I would agree with you there.

It looked to me as if GMS stood up quite quick because he was angry with the challenge and the Hibs player made a meal of it.

Anyway you could never send him off for that after the little weird looking guy got his red card reduced to a yellow for kicking out at McKenna.

Having watched it again why wasn't that a penalty????

Absolute stone Waller!

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast