+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hibs v Aberdeen

Hibs v Aberdeen

3 or 4 returning from injury and a load of players putting in a hell of a performance in the League cup is going to make DM's job of picking the team a bit trickier on Saturday. All signs are pointing towards a cracker of a game.

So obviously stick a lump on 0-0.

In-Oot - in + 2

Furryboots - upper section centre

Pre - meeting pals at Waverley for a few

Post - Genting for blackjack

Prediction - 1-3

In
    Bus
    Away end somewhere
    Bus
    1-0 AFC

(But Dallas is the ref).

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    going to make DM's job of picking the team a bit trickier on Saturday. All signs are pointing towards a cracker of a game.
    The tombola box will be used for this and all signs are pointing to DM fekin up the tactics once again, starting with Donkey Cosgrove who's number will get a bye from the tombola box and we revert to "hoofball" once again which is going to be oh so fkn sad, but not in the slightest bit surprising.
    Any blind man can see the best approach to all our games is the approach we took to at the weekend against St Mirren, yes granted St M were poor, but we were brilliant and constantly at them and in their faces from first whistle to last whistle, and played some lovely football.
    Just why oh why we have to revert to having a donkey as out main striker and hence playing ineffective sh1te lump and hoofball is beyond me, but dont be surprised in the slightest if this is what happens at Easter road this weekend.

In-Oot - Oot / In on Red Tv International from here in the Sandpit

Furryboots - ma sandpit living room on RedTV Int

Pre - a few vino's

Post - a few more vino's

Prediction - 0-0
    Last edited by blowupsheep; 23-08-2018 at 07:32 AM.

We played some very good football against St.Mirren, however, different teams require different tactics and style of play, I have no idea what will be used against Hibs as their lineup has changed. Cosgrove may not be an out and out striker but he does give the option for a different style of play, hopefully he will progress and be an asset to the squad. One thing we can’t afford to do is to constantly play the one style of football, whether that be silky or hoof ball.

In/Oot - Oot

Furryboots - Dino duty

Pre- F@ck all if the rest of the trip is anything to go by

Post- Reading

Prediction - 0-0

In
    Away end
    Driving
    Driving
    2-1 Dons

Logan in for Ball.

Is Mcginn out? If not him in for Ross

Oot

3-1 them

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    The tombola box will be used for this and all signs are pointing to DM fekin up the tactics once again
    Sorry Blowupsheep but I've noticed a few of your posts on here, you tend to make stuff up with no real explaination. Can you explain why you think Cosgrove will start? I'm not saying he will or won't but you seem hellbent on making up some sort of negative prediction even after admitting yourself we were brilliant in our last game. In which Cosgrove didn't start I may add...

I would like us to go with the same lineup and style of play as we did against Hibs as I think that is playing to our strengths. Perhaps McGinn back in for Ross, and Logan in for Ball, but keep the rest the same. I'm still not convinced about May - he has now scored (although it was an open goal he couldn't have missed - and he did still pass up a couple of other good chances). However the style of play against St Mirren definitely suits May more than the hoofball we were playing previously - I think it will suit Wilson more too. I would back Wright in the no10 position to scare the living daylights out of most teams in the SPL even though St Mirren were poor. Give him the chance to do it against Hibs and see how he goes. He's got the pace, close control, shooting, dribbling, vision and confidence to do well in there.

I do fear, like others, that McInnes will change it around because its a game against one of the top teams. He usually tries to be too clever in those types of games, so wouldn't be surprised if we see a back 3, or reverting to Cosgrove and hoofball tactics. I do hope that he goes with the same style as last week though - every time we got the ball moving from the middle of the park forwards it was exciting.

Logan, Hoban and Wilson added to squad Mcginn a doubt. Mcinnes saying he wants to strengthen 1 position in squad would imagine its a winger. Team i would go with

Lewis
    Logan Devlin Considine Shinnie
    Gleeson
    GMS Ferguson Mcginn(Ross if no Mcginn) Wright
    May

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast