+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Hibs v Aberdeen

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    rj he's a Ryan Jack sort of player. Retains the ball and plays short passes to put other people in . He was ok yesterday that's what he does. Unfortunately we don't seem to have a player who can slip in the forwards from midfield. Forrester was bought for that so we will just need to wait and see. Right now we are strong and hard to beat which is ok. I would like to see a bit more flair and hopefully Forrester will come good.
    A fit Scott Wright would be better utilised for the attacking central role...I am going to credit Dodgy Del here (gulp) for trying him in that role against St.Mirren. He looked significantly better than anybody else recently in that role and his speed and attacking nature is good to watch. Pity the lad was injured for the Hibs match. It would certainly have been interesting to see if he would have been picked to start the match.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Having watched it again why wasn't that a penalty????

Absolute stone Waller!
    Disgraceful decision by the referee. Definitely a penalty!

Andrew Dallas is one sleekit, cheating hun b@stard. F@cking Stevie Wonder could see that was a penalty!

Michael Stewart made the further point that he gave a goal kick instead of a corner!

Hibs penalty claim was nothing. Two players bumped into each other ... play on.

If I was Gary Mackay-Steven I think I would have punched that w@nker that chopped him down and taken the red card. Cheating junkie b@stard left back.

Difficult to tell from the Sportscene highlights how we played overall; but there's enough from what I've read and seen that the Manager really needs to get a grip with some of his decisions. I agree with one poster that said he has no idea of his best 11. However, given the turnover this summer; and the fact we've seen it before, we'll probably have to put up with some mind-jangling formations over the next month or so before he settles on a team and formation. Frustrating, but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    A fit Scott Wright would be better utilised for the attacking central role...I am going to credit Dodgy Del here (gulp) for trying him in that role against St.Mirren. He looked significantly better than anybody else recently in that role and his speed and attacking nature is good to watch. Pity the lad was injured for the Hibs match. It would certainly have been interesting to see if he would have been picked to start the match.
    No Wright played decent in a running at pace from a central position role a la Pawlett. I'm talking about someone who can slide a pass for May or Wilson a la McLean

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    No Wright played decent in a running at pace from a central position role a la Pawlett. I'm talking about someone who can slide a pass for May or Wilson a la McLean
    It would need to be our 2 wide players then (McGinn and GMS)... not sure the other players have enough ability to see things as much in advance.
    Passes that split defences in Scotland are not particularly common practice for most players so good luck in your hope for anything more than a punt over the top.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223