+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pressure on Warne

We're four games into a season that we all know will be a struggle and we've looked competitive in 3 of those games, people need to get a grip. The overreaction to any defeat we have these days is laughable.

If we don't get results this season then the fans should be questioning several other people at the club before Paul Warne. After what he did last season he's earned the right to little bit of patience from the fans. We should all behind the team on sunday but no doubt everyone will all be moaning after the first misplaced pass.

PW does learn quickly though.
    He's done it before and I'm confident he'll do it again

He got tactics wrong the other night.
    However to suggest he’s under pressure already is sad and laughable.
    Yes he has to learn and adapt he did it last season.
    He’s trying to beat championship teams with a lot of league 1 players.

Most of us would say that he's under pressure froms fans expectations and not from TS or anyone lese in the club.

Being able to criticise what many saw was bad play, bad management or bad selection is to be expected after all he gets the praise when it's due from the fans.

Personally Warne is doing well but has not yet found his best team.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Being able to criticise what many saw was bad play, bad management or bad selection is to be expected after all he gets the praise when it's due from the fans.
    I agree with that but some of the criticism is way over the top. For all the criticism of the tactics on Tuesday, the goals came from individual errors rather than tactical ones, Rodaks dodgy punch and then Taylor failing to clear was nothing to do with Warne not playing 2 up front. The easy chances missed by Wood and Ajayi were nothing to do with playing the wrong formation. If those incidents had gone our way we'd all be saying he'd got his tactics right. It's very fine margins and if we can cut out the stupid individual mistakes then there's no reason we can't pick up points.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I agree with that but some of the criticism is way over the top. For all the criticism of the tactics on Tuesday, the goals came from individual errors rather than tactical ones, Rodaks dodgy punch and then Taylor failing to clear was nothing to do with Warne not playing 2 up front. The easy chances missed by Wood and Ajayi were nothing to do with playing the wrong formation. If those incidents had gone our way we'd all be saying he'd got his tactics right. It's very fine margins and if we can cut out the stupid individual mistakes then there's no reason we can't pick up points.
    That’s true but then who is it that puts players on that seem to be struggling? Vyner hasn’t done anything yet but still gets in the team, why isn’t Warney using the players that he’s just fetched in? (He states that he only fetches players in that are better than we have or will improve the team)
    You could argue that if the right players were on the pitch then them errors might not have happened so yes Warney is being criticised

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    That’s true but then who is it that puts players on that seem to be struggling? Vyner hasn’t done anything yet but still gets in the team, why isn’t Warney using the players that he’s just fetched in? (He states that he only fetches players in that are better than we have or will improve the team)
    You could argue that if the right players were on the pitch then them errors might not have happened so yes Warney is being criticised
    Yeah, I take that point and I personally wouldn't have started with the team he did on tuesday. I'm not saying he should never be criticised, more that some people need to have a bit of perspective in that criticism. One home defeat and it's already the end of world.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    But it isn't true.

"Rodaks dodgy punch and then Taylor failing to clear was nothing to do with Warne not playing 2 up front."

But it is , because playing 4-5-1 invites pressure and under pressure players make mistakes. If you have to make mistakes then do it in the opponents half of the pitch not your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    We're four games into a season that we all know will be a struggle and we've looked competitive in 3 of those games, people need to get a grip. The overreaction to any defeat we have these days is laughable.

If we don't get results this season then the fans should be questioning several other people at the club before Paul Warne. After what he did last season he's earned the right to little bit of patience from the fans. We should all behind the team on sunday but no doubt everyone will all be moaning after the first misplaced pass.
    Ah but people aren't allowed to question "he who can never be criticised" are they?
    However, moving on, most people around me want to see the team having a proper go because that's what they expect of a Rotherham team.
    That didn't really happen on Tuesday until the substitutions were made and we had more power up front.
    Our central midfielders generally aren't good enough, are lightweight, can't pick a pass between them and there are definitely more creative options than packing that area when we're at home.
    Hopefully we'll see a more threatening line up on Sunday but I won't be holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    but then again you were asking for him to be sacked last December.
    Indeed...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast