+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Thistle on Saturday

Great result.
    Important win.

I thought we were a bit lucky at times today but a wins a win
    We are a bit to defensive at times and still look nervous on the balll
    Confidence must be improving after back to back wins so I am more optimistic for the rest of the season now
    A win at Alloa and 3 wins in a row for the first time in yonks

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    Great result.
    Important win.
    Indeed, I just watched the goals on the zone, not much to dislike about that other than conceding a goal.

Some good signs on the attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Ugliest winning ugly ever.
    I'll take winning ugly every week to get out of this sh1t league.

Excellent score line for us and decent results in other championship matches particularly Ross County getting beat. We are now more convincing title winning prospects and credit to the lads in particular Paul Watson. Our defense dealt well, mostly, with pressure from the Jags and whatever we are doing with set pieces in training seems to be working. I felt Shabba could have done more with subs in the last quarter of the match - any thoughts on this? The fun getting beat by St Johnson also welcome news - all in all a fine Saturday.

Shed Rule

3 points which is all that matters. It did feel as though we were waiting to jump down Csabas throat if it wasn't going well. Hopefully stuff Alloa next week. Only a short walk for me. Plenty good pubs in Alloa for the travelling Arabs. Hopefully another small step to getting back up to the Premiership.
    Onwards and upwards! 🤟

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    I'll take winning ugly every week to get out of this sh1t league.
    So would I or anyone mate. That was fkn ugly though. Apart from our back 4 being sound I did like Aird and I wish Loemba was on the other wing- too deep.

For me Curran and Barton ain't good enough. If we replace them with Clark and Fyvie then we might sneak out of this fkn 5hit league.

Two wins in a row,maybe TTT and Frank are right and i am wrong.One thing is for certain the Championship will be cut throat this season,you only have to look at today's results to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Two wins in a row,maybe TTT and Frank are right and i am wrong.One thing is for certain the Championship will be cut throat this season,you only have to look at today's results to see that.
    Cut throat is a definite mate, every game is looking like a 6 pointer. Been to all 3 games so far and only the first half at Dumfries has given me a glimpse of optimism. Today on the whole was fkn dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Cut throat is a definite mate, every game is looking like a 6 pointer. Been to all 3 games so far and only the first half at Dumfries has given me a glimpse of optimism. Today on the whole was fkn dreadful.
    You were there mate and i was not but even though it was poor fayre the Jags gave Celtic a game last week as did QOTS v ST Johnstone so hopefully there is wee bit of light at the end of the biggest tunnel that we have entered in our recent history.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)