+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Thistle on Saturday

The effort from Watson to get to that first goal is brilliant. Great corner from Loemba for the second. Wonderful work from Aird for the third. Happy lad after that

[QUOTE=Chick A Saw;38994049]Really dont understand why people see Robson as the weak link today? I know i have been critical of him at times, but i have also given him credit for when he has played well.

I jst think as a left back he fails to many times to prevent that final ball coming in. I maybe wrong bt i think the majority of their balls that managed to get into our box came in from the left?

Wasn’t his worst game and having only seen booth play at Brechin dnt think there is much to separate them, and the competion will hopefully help spurn both of them on.

Good result but I didn't think we looked very good. Lots of improvement needed if we are to challenge. Too defensive and rode our luck several times. If their finishing had been better we would have been in trouble. A win is a win though so steady improvement continues. I'll settle for steady improvement as long as it is that.

[QUOTE=Arabknight;38994481]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Really dont understand why people see Robson as the weak link today? I know i have been critical of him at times, but i have also given him credit for when he has played well.

I jst think as a left back he fails to many times to prevent that final ball coming in. I maybe wrong bt i think the majority of their balls that managed to get into our box came in from the left?

Wasn’t his worst game and having only seen booth play at Brechin dnt think there is much to separate them, and the competion will hopefully help spurn both of them on.
    I think there should be more credit for the attacks he did stop. There was a number of times where Jamie cut out the ball before it got to Storey, and easily matched him in the air. When you consider that Partick tried to exploit him, i think Jamie did fine. I could also argue that he could have been helped a bit more by his manager and fellow players in preventing the ball getting out to Storey in the first place!

Good result against the team that came doon. They will be one of our challengers although they were poor yesterday.

Overall we played no bad in patches. Some good passing and movement at times. Thought the Rabbit played very well , which was a pleasant improvement. Great goals fae Watson who also played pretty well. Good stuff fae Fran, Aird , Barton and I like this Safranko, think we may have a good player there.

Certainly positives from yesterday, improvement still needed, but a satisfying result.

[QUOTE=Chick A Saw;38994646]
    Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post

I think there should be more credit for the attacks he did stop. There was a number of times where Jamie cut out the ball before it got to Storey, and easily matched him in the air. When you consider that Partick tried to exploit him, i think Jamie did fine. I could also argue that he could have been helped a bit more by his manager and fellow players in preventing the ball getting out to Storey in the first place!

Forgot to add message!!

Fair point re players helping out. Bt as per my earlier post I did see Curran tracking back a number of times to help out.

All being said I think booth will get the nod ahead of Jamie. Not because he’s better bt because Casba brought him in, and he made mention during his mid week pre match excuses that Booth is one of the players he sees as a 1st team player.

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineDream View Post
    Good result against the team that came doon. They will be one of our challengers although they were poor yesterday.

Overall we played no bad in patches. Some good passing and movement at times. Thought the Rabbit played very well , which was a pleasant improvement. Great goals fae Watson who also played pretty well. Good stuff fae Fran, Aird , Barton and I like this Safranko, think we may have a good player there.

Certainly positives from yesterday, improvement still needed, but a satisfying result.

I don't they they are or will be

Highland teams with Ayr as a potential outsider

Csabas use of subs is shyt

happy with the much needed win. big improvement from the opening day embarrassment v dunfermline. some positive signs

defence looked solid enough. watson and frans look to have struck a good partnership. both dominate in the air aswell which gives us soo much both defending and attacking set pieces.

rabitsch quitely impresses imo
    not overly impressed with barton yet but like the presence he has in the middle of the park.

yannick is frustrating to watch but like his effort and he is capable of some good moments.
    aird looks good. can beat a man, works hard and can take a free kick. big improvement on king/mcmullan imo.
    Safranco looks a handful. good link up play and will be a good signing going on yesterdays performance.
    curran works hard but still not overly impressed. think clark and safranco will be main strike force tbh. good he got his goal though

we didnt look as soft as we have in previous years imo. solid units around the team which is good to see.

shout out for watson who had his critics before hed even played a game

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)