+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thistle on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by ranaldarab View Post
    If our defence wisnae louping I'd say 0-0.
    Defensively we were sound and the goalie had very little to do bar his mistake at their goal but going forward we were very poor, I know folk on here are always screaming for 2 up front but the 2 are too similar, I'd play Safranko uo front with Aird on the right and Loemba on the left, Loemba was too deep because Laszlo accommodated Curran and it didn't work imo.

A win is a win. And a comfortable win is even better. From todays team, Stanton and Fyvie will make a big difference. Barton has a football brain and is a big lump but lacks strength in the middle. 'Sir'Franko is definetely a player. At 2-0 I would have had Curran and Loemba aff, McMullan and Glass on for fresh legs and ideas but not gonna argue with Csaba over that. Big pat on back for Watson for his two 'that baw's mine' headers. Something Edge lacked, Scobbie lacked, Quinn lacked. So appears tae be an improvement. Good deliveries helped obviously. Happy day.

A great win. One we really needed. We had a poor half hour 2nd half and alot of that was to do with Robson being the weak link and the front players tiring. A sub in the final 3rd should have definitely been made, we had Mcmullen and Glass who could really have helped us settle the game. Csaba needs to sort his use of subbies out tbh, if it wasn't for a goal from a corner it was clear Partick's use of subs had them right back in that game.

BUT we are actually starting to look like a football team now and most importantly we are creating chances. We have some good players to come back in to the team but we have loads of work to do

Dont think much of Curran but early days and im fecking delighted for Watson.

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    A great win. One we really needed. We had a poor half hour 2nd half and alot of that was to do with Robson being the weak link and the front players tiring. A sub in the final 3rd should have definitely been made, we had Mcmullen and Glass who could really have helped us settle the game. Csaba needs to sort his use of subbies out tbh, if it wasn't for a goal from a corner it was clear Partick's use of subs had them right back in that game.

BUT we are actually starting to look like a football team now and most importantly we are creating chances. We have some good players to come back in to the team but we have loads of work to do

Dont think much of Curran but early days and im fecking delighted for Watson.
    Good stuff. Yea same, delighted for him after being written off before he'd laced up his boots

A good win and three well taken goals. Nice to see decent dead ball deliveries and Kaiser Franz's long throws unsettled Partick. We faded second half and just when I was saying maybe Aird should come off as he'd fallen out of the game he produced that great run for the third. Their goal was poor but we rode our luck in the second half a couple of times. If Blair Spittal didn't have a heid like a ten bob bit they could have been right back in it. Overall though very well done to the team and nice again to see Franz and Loemba come right over to the GF at the end.

First of all, that was a really poor Thistle side.

Second, im glad i had the chance by direct comparison, to see we have improved on what was here last season or 2!

The defence as a whole did very well and i dont think any of the Partick attacks actually bothered the keeper too much, until he came for the ball that he fluffed which Watson was dealling with all day long!

In midfield, Rabitsch is improving by the game, Barton is still too slow and Aird along with Loemba have the ability to win the league on their own!

Up front and although they worked well together, Curran and Safranko are quite similar but will be a constant threat to defences around our league!

I am now a good bit happier about our chances this season, especially with King, Fyvie, Stanton, McMullan, Glass, Wardrop, Booth, Siegrist, Clark, Allardice and possibly Keatings as options.

So next week i expect to be kicked in the teeth next week when we head through to Alloa!

Good result.

Looked steady at back. Thought 3 of the back were solid, bt I hate to say it cause I want the lad to do well Robson was the weak link again.

Still think we lacked a threat going forward at times, maybe due to a lack of selfbelief, bt hopefully this result will go a long way to changing that.

That said there is no excuse for negative football at home, and the passing back when we’re on the ascendency was getting on my wick!

Possibly could have been punished a couple of times had we played against better opposition, bt we were the better team and deserved the win.

I know he gets stick bt I thought Curran did ok today. Does a lot out of position. An out and out striker no, will score loads of goals no, bt he defends from front and tracked back a number of times. Can recall him putting in a challenge on more than one occasion at almost left back.

Overall though it was an improvement which hopefully we can build on.

Well done lads keep it up. Onwards and upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Good result.

Looked steady at back. Thought 3 of the back were solid, bt I hate to say it cause I want the lad to do well Robson was the weak link again.
    Really dont understand why people see Robson as the weak link today? I know i have been critical of him at times, but i have also given him credit for when he has played well.

Team after team come to us and they see him as a weak link, and today, Partick put one of their better players on him and tried to get the ball there all second half. Ive never actually heard so many "well done Jamies" in a game, especially in the GF lower! If Shabba and the players see this, then players should be there to help and Shabba should make a tactical change. In the end, Curran went off and Booth came on to help Robson, but ended up causing more issues that led to the goal!

I thought today was one of his better games and i cant actually see Booth getting his place back!

Delighted with the win, it was ugly, they were the better side for a good chunk late first half and early second half, fair play to Paul Watson, was a regular in housties Falkirk sides the finished second and might be a good fit with Frans

Csaba could have made it an easier win if he changed shape and went two up to after an hour, I feel we are in a limbo, he is not the right man imo and very defensive, however happy to get weeks of course but feel we have the potential to build something with the side we have especially once Fyvie etc are back but with a decent manager in charge that can get everyone believing but that won't happen unless we have bad results

I'll stick to us winning for now and hope Csaba and his shyte football, tactics and overly defensive nature mixed with the luck he talked about somehow gets us on a roll

Well done United

Oh and Biggest crowd in Tayside as per usual

Wasn’t there today because of work. I see a lot of people saying they still aren’t impressed but we’ve just beat a title contender fairly easily? People were screaming out for a David Hopkins manager (us against the world) and from what I’ve seen Csaba seems to have gotten a David Hopkins result? I still doubt him but maybe this is us starting to become a premiership club again...that’s a very solid maybe btw.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)