+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Excuse of the day

Excuse of the day

Our "manager" should understand that the "footballing buck" stops with him and that he should take the responsibility for his bad decisions squarely on his shoulders and not blame everyone else. Today's Evening Post article adds to the litany of excuses and I don't believe that he has any left apart from:
    1 The colour of the grass on the pitch is not green enough.
    2 When the dressing rooms were re-painted, the new colours and design adversely affected the players collective psyche.
    3 The fans who sing the "Wheelbarrow" song don't sing in tune so there's no incentive to score goals.
    4 There is too much fat in the new take-away pies and not enough Scottish steak. This clearly affects performance as defenders tend to eat more pies, which slows them down, than strikers.
    5 "Lies, damned lies and statistics". 13 wins out of 41 games played (please correct me if I'm wrong) speaks volumes and shows how good we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Supporter since 1951 View Post
    Our "manager" should understand that the "footballing buck" stops with him and that he should take the responsibility for his bad decisions squarely on his shoulders and not blame everyone else. Today's Evening Post article adds to the litany of excuses and I don't believe that he has any left apart from:
    2 When the dressing rooms were re-painted, the new colours and design adversely affected the players collective psyche.
    3 The fans who sing the "Wheelbarrow" song don't sing in tune so there's no incentive to score goals.
    4 There is too much fat in the new take-away pies and not enough Scottish steak. This clearly affects performance as defenders tend to eat more pies, which slows them down, than strikers.
    5 "Lies, damned lies and statistics". 13 wins out of 41 games played (please correct me if I'm wrong) speaks volumes and shows how good we are.

It's not the team or the tactics or the choice of players, it individual mistakes! Crisis, what crisis???

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...county-1929546

Quote Originally Posted by Supporter since 1951 View Post
    The real answer is "we miss Shola" apparently

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post
    The real answer is "we miss Shola" apparently
    https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...meobi-15064360

Sounds like a man in fear of his job, clutching at all the excuses he can muster.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post

Sounds like a man in fear of his job, clutching at all the excuses he can muster.

Perhaps the majority of us would do that in the same circumstances.

Having read that article I am struggling to see what's wrong with any of it. Love being an optimist

Name:  Event-pros-see-event-organising-through-rose-tinted-glasses.jpg
Views: 1810
Size:  58.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post

This is not my view, just passing on what I was told today. Most likely untrue and it's none of my business whether true or false and I couldn't care less, but .......... I'm told KN likes more than the odd pint or three on a regular basis. Mind you, so did Mr Clough and he didn't do too badly! If KN has a job fear, who can blame him?

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    I'm told KN likes more than the odd pint or three on a regular basis.
    In other news, I believe the wheel has been invented.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    In other news, I believe the wheel has been invented.
    Agreed if not taking a swipe at me for just posting something I was told.

In real news if you haven't heard, there may not be a Potts' stable in 12 months. Better to cash in and make a small fortune for doing nowt than carry on with the huge expenses involved hoping for winners to foot the bills now Alan's personal input has ceased.

Agreed if not taking a swipe at me for just posting something I was told.
    I suppose it was a bit of a swipe at you, but Mr Nolan's apparent messageboard liking for a drink is hardly news.

In real news if you haven't heard, there may not be a Potts' stable in 12 months. Better to cash in and make a small fortune for doing nowt than carry on with the huge expenses involved hoping for winners to foot the bills now Alan's personal input has ceased.
    I can only thank you for the inside info you have given me regarding Mr & Mrs Potts, I've really enjoyed and appreciated it. You answer the question in your reply however, because hoping to make a profit though racehorse ownership is a very slim chance. The profit has to come in other ways, such as the joy of seeing your colours first past the post. If the family don't share that emotion with Alan and Ann, who were clearly involved for pleasure over profit, then they are quite right to end their involvement.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast