+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where will we finish this season - revised after four games

Where will we finish this season - revised after four games

Soooo I doubt any of us were expecting that start to the season. It has left me totally gobsmacked, as I've gone from expecting at least another playoff campaign to wondering if we're totally doomed in the space of a few weeks.

So how's everyone else feeling? Care to revise your league prediction after four games?

I think I originally went for 5th, but now I'll go for 11th.

We have enough decent players to win games in this division. We just to set up in a way that isn't asking for a complete hammering. I think we'll pull it around either with or without Nolan, but I can't see us troubling the top 7 after this start.

Whether AH can fund another season in L2 is another question, as a few have suggested this summer's spending was an 'all of nothing' kind of thing.

Interesting (and possibly painful) times ahead, as always.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Soooo I doubt any of us were expecting that start to the season. It has left me totally gobsmacked, as I've gone from expecting at least another playoff campaign to wondering if we're totally doomed in the space of a few weeks.

So how's everyone else feeling? Care to revise your league prediction after four games?

I think I originally went for 5th, but now I'll go for 11th.

We have enough decent players to win games in this division. We just to set up in a way that isn't asking for a complete hammering. I think we'll pull it around either with or without Nolan, but I can't see us troubling the top 7 after this start.

Whether AH can fund another season in L2 is another question, as a few have suggested this summer's spending was an 'all of nothing' kind of thing.

Interesting (and possibly painful) times ahead, as always.
    Depends, if we get out of it quickly it may be no more than a blip in our season. If not, who the 4k knows, could be a season of struggle. The players that were bought in during last years binge were all on 2 & 3 year connies, tha nose!!!

My concern is not just the manner of the defeats, but also the teams we've lost to, all of whom are average, but we've made look world class. Therefore, I'm revising my top 5 prediction to 16th or 17th.

I reckon we'll finish in the top half but Nolan needs to quickly find another captain as the current one's calamitous long term form will do nothing for the morale of the rest, along with the fact he seems to be worth a goal a game to our opponents.
    Last edited by nottsco2002; 23-08-2018 at 05:31 PM. Reason: spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    My concern is not just the manner of the defeats, but also the teams we've lost to, all of whom are average, but we've made look world class. Therefore, I'm revising my top 5 prediction to 16th or 17th.
    I had a strange bout of optimism before the season started. We appeared to have kept the ones we wanted from a team that reached the playoffs, and added a bit of quality with some proven strikers at this level. Two things would make me revise that optimism after what we've seen so far however. Firstly, my main worry was that we might be a bit lightweight, especially in midfield. I just didn't think we'd be quite this lightweight. Secondly, I am starting to doubt Kevin Nolan a bit when I didn't think I would. Last season he managed to get a limited squad playing above themselves, this season they just don't look like a Kevin Nolan team. They throw in the towel far too easily, when they would nearly always battle to the end last season. The points we were pinching in extra time are now being gifted to our opponents. Nolan is being let down badly by his players through individual mistakes, but he has to get that battling spirit back if he is to survive. I hope he does, and I would give him another dozen games to get it sorted, but 92nd in the football ladder is seriously worrying. I now predict a 14th place finish.

Fair appraisal from Elite but I'll say 'In the top half'.

22nd.

just surviving, with Steve Chettle taking over at the end of January and us kicking / grinding out the results needed to keep us in the league.

PS hope that was a bad dream and we finish safe and cosy in mid table.

Top 3 if we stick by KN , half way if we go for yet another change, I know that many will not agree with this but I believe that AH will give Nolan until xmas by which time he will of either turned things around or it will be to late for a new guy to achieve anything apart from safety.

I said 7th before a ball had been kicked and I am sticking with it. Of course the playoffs are a lottery so I predict we win 7-1 against Lincoln at Wembley after a 6-0 spanking from them on Saturday.

8th on GD, the Yeovil 0-4 being costly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast