+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Interesting read

Interesting read

Very interesting read, and I agree with almost every word printed, and certainly with the sentiment.

This whole business of paying for the fans’ tickets if we play badly entirely misses the point of following our team.... through thick and thin. I well remember trekking to the dump that was Feethams only to have a grandstand view of Mark Smith pulling down the Darlo striker inside 20 seconds, getting sent off and effectively ending the match. We then had to stand through 90+ minutes of the most dire football from both sides before trudging back to the car.

I wouldn’t expect to pay extra for a 4-1 win at Sincil Bank - or for the roller coaster ride of a 7-4 at Barnet - and wouldn’t expect a refund when it all goes tits up. I would far rather see better performances off the back of such a humiliating defeat, plus greater responsibility and better team selection from the manager.

Rant over, and thanks to out0lunch for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    Very interesting read, and I agree with almost every word printed, and certainly with the sentiment.

This whole business of paying for the fans’ tickets if we play badly entirely misses the point of following our team.... through thick and thin. I well remember trekking to the dump that was Feethams only to have a grandstand view of Mark Smith pulling down the Darlo striker inside 20 seconds, getting sent off and effectively ending the match. We then had to stand through 90+ minutes of the most dire football from both sides before trudging back to the car.

I wouldn’t expect to pay extra for a 4-1 win at Sincil Bank - or for the roller coaster ride of a 7-4 at Barnet - and wouldn’t expect a refund when it all goes tits up. I would far rather see better performances off the back of such a humiliating defeat, plus greater responsibility and better team selection from the manager.

Rant over, and thanks to out0lunch for the link.
    It would have been more appropriate to dock their wages rather than refund the supporters.
    Today's team selection will be interesting!

Yesterdays team selection was more about what happened at Colchester than about beating a poor Carlisle side. We could have won that game with the right selection. (I know it is easier to select a side in hindsight).