+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Falkirk v Queens

Falkirk v Queens

Good news that Josh Todd is fit again but with Fordyce out for a while and Doyle struggling with injury we’re really struggling at the back. The manager was quoted yesterday saying Fordyce won’t be replaced with a loan signing & I’m really concerned how we can get through this season with such a small squad.
    It’s a massive gamble by the BOD cutting the budget again. The club desperately needs to find or raise more funds from somewhere ASAP or we face possible relegation or part time football again

Worrying times

I'm sure Hewittson could get us a loan signing in or maybe he prefers putting his money into other ventures ? Either way , we are only two league games in and struggling for numbers in defence without suspensions kicking in yet. Maybe we have accepted to slide to League 1 as this is the level our support is at now and could be for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I'm sure Hewittson could get us a loan signing in or maybe he prefers putting his money into other ventures ? Either way , we are only two league games in and struggling for numbers in defence without suspensions kicking in yet. Maybe we have accepted to slide to League 1 as this is the level our support is at now and could be for the best.
    Billy Hewitson makes money whilst we sleep JR.

Our crowds aren’t great but traditional they never really have been over the years. We do though have the Queens Arena , the 4G pitch and the KGV facilities. Aren’t they making money ? Where has all the money gone ? Did big JT’s compensation deal come out of the Chairman’s pocket or the managers transfer fund ?

This is such a great shame . We have the firepower to cause damage to any team but lack of numbers at the back will negate this . What a waste of Dobbies talents in his twilight years .

Jr are you really suggesting that going back to League 1 could be for the best. In my view it would be disastrous.

It was bad enough going down to the third level after the McPherson reign. Good to go straight back up, right enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    Jr are you really suggesting that going back to League 1 could be for the best. In my view it would be disastrous.
    I full remember the awful , horrilble football we played as a PT team against awful, horrible opponents . The crowds wont return now ( please may I be wrong on this ) and I think we are delaying the inevitable after around 11 years of full time football .On the playing side , its Dobbie in his twilight football years I feel sorry for . He would have lifted one of our better equipped opponents to the SPL . Instead , he is doing his damnest in a small squad and with no team glory at the end of it. I , of course , like you Dobmeister , will continue to support Queens until the day we cant . Ps Just think that we are fingers crossed today that a utility player ( Doyle) can play centre back as we dont have another one to partner Semple ( not our player) and we are only two league games in.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 25-08-2018 at 07:31 AM.

Two nil at half time and thoroughly deserved against a very poor Falkirk team.Surely we can't throw this one away??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)