+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Like you I am very surprised.......

Like you I am very surprised.......

to see Tom Bradshaw come to Millwall, especially with your owners having such deep pockets. I understand his family reasons as been discussed on another thread. But that's not the only reason, he has a friend in the Lions team, Conor McLaughlin, they both played together for Shrewsbury Town, also he admires Neil Harris, I notice your last and present managers are both foreigners, possible language issues. However in his 1st interview he had nothing bad at all to say about the Tykes.

But we are very glad to welcome Tom to the Den, we know he is a hard worker and that will please the fans when players put in the effort.

Interested to know where you think Tom might fit in Claw
    See him as a similar player to Gregory

I do Exile, and with steve Morrison getting a bit long in the tooth, he is just the sort of player to take on his mantle. If you come up this season he could well play against you in the next one. It's strange but when we beat Bradford in the playoff final, we nicked James Meridith off them, a very good buy, but he was happy if you check with Bradfords present position and of course he got to go to Russia with the Aussie team.

I’ve a feeling you’ll be very underwhelmed by him after a while . No pace and a poor first touch but he can poach goals . Not really a championship striker but runs around a lot trying

Think he’s scored 1 out of our 10 goals this season so far so that tells you how prolific he is .

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    I’ve a feeling you’ll be very underwhelmed by him after a while . No pace and a poor first touch but he can poach goals . Not really a championship striker but runs around a lot trying

Think he’s scored 1 out of our 10 goals this season so far so that tells you how prolific he is .
    Sadly that's how alot of Barnsley fans gauge our players. They can be an absolute bag of wan k as long as they run about alot during matches.

He was our leading scorer last season in the Championship playing up front on his own. Don't listen to them. They are just part of the " He wo no good anyway" brigade.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    He was our leading scorer last season in the Championship playing up front on his own. Don't listen to them. They are just part of the " He wo no good anyway" brigade.
    SBRed, I believe you, did he not score against us, our manager is no fool and he has signed some good players without spending a fortune.
    I can see you guys being promoted this season.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    SBRed, I believe you, did he not score against us, our manager is no fool and he has signed some good players without spending a fortune.
    Enjoy your 250k

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    Dont get me a wrong hope he does ok for you but I don’t think he’s got the pace or skill to be a good championship player. He scored 10 last season but two were against Millwall which was a bit of a freak result, and 2 were against Morcambe in the cup.

5 were headers and one was a penalty from the other goals .

I’d have liked him to stay as I think he’d have done ok again in League 1 as I think that’s his level and he works hard running around a lot

He will be playing League One football next season and wishing he had never left.
    Don’t forget ESR 2 of those goals were claimed through the dubious goals panel as well, at one point I thought he was gonna start claiming goals scored by Ronnie Glavin years ago!!!!!
    I really think we have signed a better striker to replace him? So onwards and upwards Tom who?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast