+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Fact of the Day

Australia is the only Western country in the world to not have a Bill of Rights.

The tallest known dog, as of 2010, was a Great Dane who measured 1.092 m (43 in) tall.

I once got licked on the face by a Great Dane that put both it's front paws on my shoulders. It was a big bugger but not that big. It was either 1976 or 1977, it belonged to a neighbour when we lived in Cliviger.

Ancient Indian physician Sushrut described 300 types of bones in the human skeleton and 1,120 types of illnesses and their cure. He was the first to perform plastic, cataract, and various other surgeries. He was the first surgeon in human history to recommend students of surgery about dissecting a dead body to learn about human body and its organs.

Sushruta is the most celebrated physician and surgeon in India. Though he practiced during the 5th century B.C., many of his contributions to medicine and surgery preceded similar discoveries in the Western world. Sushruta devotes a complete volume of his experiences to ophthalmologic diseases. In the Uttar Tantrum, Sushruta enumerates a sophisticated classification of eye diseases complete with signs, symptoms, prognosis, and medical/surgical interventions. In particular, Sushruta describes what may have been the first extracapsular cataract surgery using a sharply pointed instrument with a handle fashioned into a trough. His ability to manage many common eye conditions of the time with limited diagnostic aids is a testament to his virtuosity.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    Ancient Indian physician Sushrut described 300 types of bones in the human skeleton and 1,120 types of illnesses and their cure. He was the first to perform plastic, cataract, and various other surgeries. He was the first surgeon in human history to recommend students of surgery about dissecting a dead body to learn about human body and its organs.

Sushruta is the most celebrated physician and surgeon in India. Though he practiced during the 5th century B.C., many of his contributions to medicine and surgery preceded similar discoveries in the Western world. Sushruta devotes a complete volume of his experiences to ophthalmologic diseases. In the Uttar Tantrum, Sushruta enumerates a sophisticated classification of eye diseases complete with signs, symptoms, prognosis, and medical/surgical interventions. In particular, Sushruta describes what may have been the first extracapsular cataract surgery using a sharply pointed instrument with a handle fashioned into a trough. His ability to manage many common eye conditions of the time with limited diagnostic aids is a testament to his virtuosity.
    A good read that Balan, thanks, I have the upmost respect for Doctors/Surgeons

Sinkov, I'm surprised the Great Dane had to put its paws on your shoulders to lick your face as BT said you was a short arse.

Tycho Brahe was also a great Dane and brilliant astronomer. Part of his nose was cut off in a duel and thereafter he wore a prosthetic nose reputedly made of silver or gold but more probably brass.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post

Sinkov, I'm surprised the Great Dane had to put its paws on your shoulders to lick your face as BT said you was a short arse.
    Leave me out of this please Alto, but sinkov told me exactly the same story about a Jack Russell.

The only English word with three "Y" is "syzygy," which happens to describe the alignment of 3 celestial bodies in a straight line.

A monk from south India whose name was Bodhidharma.Who was an expert in the style of Kalaripayattu (sometimes shortened as Kalari) is an Indian martial art and fighting system that originated in Kerala. Some practitioners claim that it's the oldest martial art in existence, with its origin dating back to the 3rd century BCE. Sushruta (c. 6th century BC) identified and defined 107 ***** points of the human body in his Sushruta Samhita. Of these 107 points, 64 were classified as being lethal if properly struck with a fist or stick. Bodhidharma traveled to China and stayed at the Shoalin monastery,there he found that the monks quite weak due to their sedentary lifestyle. Bodhidharma who in China is refered to as Tat Moh or Tamo, the fighting systems of China evolved into a sophisticated and much more effected form of martial arts whch suited the body shapes of the chinese monks.This is how Kalaripayattu reached China too ,but had its name changed and style to suit the chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post

"BT said".

No further comment necessary Alto.
    Last edited by sinkov; 29-11-2018 at 02:36 PM.

Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)