+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 59 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Fact of the Day

India has 454 living languages and 16 official ones.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/...cial-languages

In Mozambique, overhead power lines have to be at least 12 m (39 ft) high to permit safe passage of giraffes.

Edgar Mitchell, the sixth person to walk on the moon, claimed that "Aliens have contacted humans several times”.

The U.S. officially adopted the metric system in 1975 when President Gerald Ford signed the Metric Conversion Act.

“Elizabethan gait”."

"England’s Henry the Eighth was an unruly king. Once he came to Paris with the queen. In Paris many kinds of covetable drinks were available, thus when they were in Paris his desire for drink naturally increased. One day, while under the influence of liquor, he beat the queen so mercilessly that one of her legs became practically crippled. For several days she was obliged to drag it behind her as she walked. When the time came they returned to London (In those days they did not call it London but rather Londre in the aristocratic French language). The residents of the city fell head over heels in the nooks and crannies of the royal residence trying to see whether or not the king and queen had brought back any new fashions from Paris. They saw [princess] Elizabeth dragging her leg and thought perhaps that this kind of walk was some kind of ultra-modern French style. Women have one great quality; they can easily imitate others. Thus it happened that within three to four days most of the women in the aristocratic households were dragging their leg behind them when they walked and taking a lot of pride in it. It is not written in the histories whether they ever discovered what the real story was behind the queen dragging her leg when she walked. Elizabeth’s style of walking while dragging her leg was called the “Elizabethan gait”."

A little confused here Balan. Henry VIII had six wives but none of them were called Elizabeth. He did have a daughter the Princess Elizabeth later to be Queen.

ha ha ha, you see false news in those days too! I just saw it printed somewhere .I have no idea how many wives he had,neither any of their names ,but if you do find something ,please feel free to add it .

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    ha ha ha, you see false news in those days too! I just saw it printed somewhere .I have no idea how many wives he had,neither any of their names ,but if you do find something ,please feel free to add it .
    Divorced Beheaded Died, Divorced Beheaded Survived. This is how we were taught at school to remember them. They even have a musical to themselves now! Henry spawned the song I’m Henery the Eighth I am Iam recorded amongst others by Herman’s Hermits.

Very Good Fellas

15 fictional characters own a star in Hollywood's Hall of fame.

Page 59 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)