+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Business.

Transfer Business.

I'm firmly of the belief there'll be no significant incomings prior to the deadline, and am willing to accept now we go with what we have.

If anything happens it'll be a welcome bonus, but I've accepted our position.

Can't be arsed complaining anymore.. Its not worth the hassle.. And won't change a thing.

You can sense Mowbray's utter frustration in his interviews. It must be maddening, and I bet he wishes he didn't have this distraction.
    The whole thing has gone mad. The PL clubs spent a month flinging multi-millions about, which inflated everything else. That has resulted in major problems doing deals for most of the clubs outside the PL.
    Half the PL signings won't even see regular game-time. Some of those clubs have squads with 30-odd players of international class. I suspect some of the signings are partially about keeping certain players AWAY from OTHER clubs!

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    You can sense Mowbray's utter frustration in his interviews. It must be maddening, and I bet he wishes he didn't have this distraction.
    The whole thing has gone mad. The PL clubs spent a month flinging multi-millions about, which inflated everything else. That has resulted in major problems doing deals for most of the clubs outside the PL.
    Half the PL signings won't even see regular game-time. Some of those clubs have squads with 30-odd players of international class. I suspect some of the signings are partially about keeping certain players AWAY from OTHER clubs!
    We did extremely well getting Adam Armstrong at a reasonable price in these circumstances.. Just our luck he may now have a injury that'll keep him out a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    We did extremely well getting Adam Armstrong at a reasonable price in these circumstances.. Just our luck he may now have a injury that'll keep him out a while.
    Luckily, it seems the injury was not as bad as they first feared.
    You're right about us being very fortunate with the price. I suspect what happens sometimes is that a particular manger (Benitez, here) just doesn't see a player fitting into his plans. Benitez may have also decided that Armstrong isn't quite PL class. That should act as even greater motivation for him to do well.

For the record, I'd be AGAINST paying around 8m for the19 year old personally.. Half that amount maybe.

I can now see what TM wanted to do though.. 2 or 3 quality additions that cost a bit more, rather than 4 or 5 'cheaper' but less proven(I.e. the likes of maddison from pboro)

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    I can now see what TM wanted to do though.. 2 or 3 quality additions that cost a bit more, rather than 4 or 5 'cheaper' but less proven(I.e. the likes of maddison from pboro)
    Agree, but it's been head-banging-against-a-wall stuff for much of the time.
    McGeouch? McGinn? Freeman?
    None of the above, as it turns out, but Rothwell is beginning to make it look as if those misses weren't as bad as we thought.
    With six days to go, I wonder if anyone will come in for Tomlinson, Nuttall, Caddis, Whittingham, Hart (and other youngsters) as loans.
    Not Travis, I hope, although that might happen if this Harrison Reed story has any foundation.
    I still find it hard to believe that Whittingham can have deteriorated so much, so quickly, but I take it that is what is showing up in training.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Agree, but it's been head-banging-against-a-wall stuff for much of the time.
    McGeouch? McGinn? Freeman?
    None of the above, as it turns out, but Rothwell is beginning to make it look as if those misses weren't as bad as we thought.
    With six days to go, I wonder if anyone will come in for Tomlinson, Nuttall, Caddis, Whittingham, Hart (and other youngsters) as loans.
    Not Travis, I hope, although that might happen if this Harrison Reed story has any foundation.
    I still find it hard to believe that Whittingham can have deteriorated so much, so quickly, but I take it that is what is showing up in training.
    In gladwin, caddis and whittingham's cases, sadly I don't think anyone will want them.. In the cases of Travis, Tomlinson, Nuttall etc, we can't afford to let them go if there's no incomings.

Yes - I forgot Gladwin.
    Perhaps I'm not hard-headedl enough, but he's another I wouldn't discard - again on the grounds that it's weird if he can have gone downhill so fast.
    The fans at Swindon loved him, and I remember him looking really skilful in a couple of our pre-season games when he first arrived.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)