+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: fans interacting with the club

Quote Originally Posted by Dee_Dee View Post
    Season ticket seats used to have a Reserved sticker on them, to be honest I haven’t noticed if mine still has or not, had the same seat for years. Will check on Saturday.

If anyone was sitting in mine, I’d tell them to move too. Anyone sitting in a reserved seat that’s not their’s has no argument really, there are tons of unreserved seats.
    But if there are hundreds of stickers on seats that rant reserved you could see where the issue is?

Again if only we had a stadium manager to manage this.....oh hud on.

My season tic seat probably has a sticker on it but same guy sits in it every week I sit 3 rows behind.

He's probably sat there 3 or 4 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Very true. However I was on the verge of not renewing my season ticket because of the garbage I sat through last season - if I want to get depressed I'll speak to the wife. If my brother hadn't got his I genuinely wouldn't have bothered. I can imagine plenty people won't have been as weak willed as me.
    It's very very easy to break the habit.

Similar to you I renewed but have been to one game so far.

The ****e football as you say dosent really bother me so much, it is what it is and probably will always be, you just have to try to get out of it what you can......it's the atmosphere and moaning that's truly sickened me the last couple of years.

The "ahh em wanting is a team to support" attitude when we were on life support has been replaced with apathy and **** attitude towards the team.

And yes I realise the irony of me attending less now and complaining about the apathy but I don't want surrounded by the negativity every two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    It's very very easy to break the habit.

Similar to you I renewed but have been to one game so far.

The ****e football as you say dosent really bother me so much, it is what it is and probably will always be, you just have to try to get out of it what you can......it's the atmosphere and moaning that's truly sickened me the last couple of years.

The "ahh em wanting is a team to support" attitude when we were on life support has been replaced with apathy and **** attitude towards the team.

And yes I realise the irony of me attending less now and complaining about the apathy but I don't want surrounded by the negativity every two weeks.
    Tell the negative basturds to shut the phuck up when they moan for phuck all.

Its an approach I’ve taken over the years with some success

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Tell the negative basturds to shut the phuck up when they moan for phuck all.

Its an approach I’ve taken over the years with some success
    I agree Noah honest.

It's a ****ing constant battle.

Derry used to be ok....but **** me it's bad now.

I have a season ticket in The Bobby Cox stand. What would happen if someone paid at the gate and decided to sit in my seat? I would of course have to ask them to move but on more than one occasion people have refused with on one occasion the individual becoming aggressive stating that as I had not taken my seat by the start of the game I had no right to ask him to move. If I had been a very placid and laid back individual I may have accepted this situation however I'm an obnoxious ******* and told the **** in no uncertain terms to get tae ****.

This situation could have resulted in a fight however my measured approach to getting the boy telt saved the day. Another person may not be quite as tolerant as me and may move straight to the pus rapping stage when confronted with such audacity - nobody wants that now do they?

This gratuitous seat stealing has not happened since the introduction of ticket only entry to that stand as everyone is allocated a seat the number of which is clearly shown on the admission voucher. Big improvement in my opinion.
    Rather than take matters into your own hands the obvious solution is to ask a steward to deal,with the matter. There are plenty of stewards in the Main Stand and no doubt likewise in the Bobby Cox Stand.

Do you think he's entitled to take a season ticket holder's seat?

There's more at play in the low crowds than ticket only turnstiles or one or two people's personal dislike of the Stadium Manager - the ****e we're given on the park is a bigger influence in my opinion.
    There is of course another simple solution.
    The club should put a reserved sticker on the underneath part of your seat and any other seats occupied by season ticket holders in thevBobby Cox Stand
    There are reserved stickers underneath seats in the Main Stand. If someone advised me that as PATG customer I was sitting in their seat I would happily move to another seat.
    That could of course be something to do with the way I was brought up by my parents to be polite and apologise if I have made a mistake.
    Nowadays sadly this does not always happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I agree Noah honest.

It's a ****ing constant battle.

Derry used to be ok....but **** me it's bad now.
    Had to read this twice, just to check that there wasn't a double entendre that I had missed. Great stuff, the two of you agreeing about something. It's made my day!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)