+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: fans interacting with the club

fans interacting with the club

picking up on a point that RROS posted yesterday that it may now be to late and that a proactive meeting shouldv been arranged whilst the derby relegation feeling was still fresh in the air.

pretty much nail on the head,we shouldv been forging ahead off the park,and the damning thing is,if there has been any headway off the park specifically in getting youngsters along to dens then many many fans have missed the progress reports in that area.

also agree that going to dens used to have a buzz about it,it may about be getting older but i for one get where RROS is comming from,yip if results improve then the overall feeling around dens improves,always remember climbing up THE derry steps,to see the playing surface opening up,then turning around and seeing the crowd making there way to dens,a fine fine sight,now also lost due to poor maintenence.

first thing needing addressed is re installing a pay at the gate turnstyle at each area of the ground,there is so much competition these days for our cash,i dont think people would queue up for a tkt at the pictures or go karts then go back and re queue a few days later to get in,this really must change and soon

anyway away the dee
    ddyb
    get tore into the carrot munching coagies

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    picking up on a point that RROS posted yesterday that it may now be to late and that a proactive meeting shouldv been arranged whilst the derby relegation feeling was still fresh in the air.

pretty much nail on the head,we shouldv been forging ahead off the park,and the damning thing is,if there has been any headway off the park specifically in getting youngsters along to dens then many many fans have missed the progress reports in that area.

also agree that going to dens used to have a buzz about it,it may about be getting older but i for one get where RROS is comming from,yip if results improve then the overall feeling around dens improves,always remember climbing up THE derry steps,to see the playing surface opening up,then turning around and seeing the crowd making there way to dens,a fine fine sight,now also lost due to poor maintenence.

first thing needing addressed is re installing a pay at the gate turnstyle at each area of the ground,there is so much competition these days for our cash,i dont think people would queue up for a tkt at the pictures or go karts then go back and re queue a few days later to get in,this really must change and soon

anyway away the dee
    ddyb
    Good enough shout Shaded
    To me though,the americans dont really seem to understand the history,financial climate in the city so they can be excused slightly whereas Steve Martin has been round the block and shouldve been the voice of reason on the board regarding costs to the normal punter but as far as i can see hes sat back and let them overprice every single aspect of "the matchday experience" which has put it out of reach of many
    He must shoulder a huge chunk of the blame

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post

anyway away the dee
    ddyb
    Why PATG into the Derry has not been revisited or reviewed since the councils alledged insistence of all ticket is beyond belief.

Mair chance of me having a scrap with my reflection than bother in that section of the ground these days.

I wonder how many who used to hand over cash to get in the Derry now don't bother going at all.

I would imagine quite a few.

was through at st mirren and many auld faces from the late 70's onwards were through,the debacle outside the ground will prob have made a few of their minds up wether to keep going or swerve again until an important game comes along,i realise that was st mirrens fault however mix that with points raised above and the general house keeping in the leagues up here then its little wonder most clubs are struggling

Here’s a thought, some might think stupid, but what about contactless at turnstiles at each stand...,...........,.oh wait a minute, just remembered, we don’t even have that in the ticket office yet, dinasours, and I know some who don’t believe in them

W

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Why PATG into the Derry has not been revisited or reviewed since the councils alledged insistence of all ticket is beyond belief.

Mair chance of me having a scrap with my reflection than bother in that section of the ground these days.

I wonder how many who used to hand over cash to get in the Derry now don't bother going at all.

I would imagine quite a few.
    Would like to see specific sections in each stand PATG. Seems to me this should be throughly discussed by the board and some soundings taken from the supporters. I think it should be possible to create a frees eating section in each stand but to do this in the Bobby Cox and the SE that would mean that ST holders may be asked to change their seat. I would imagine that could be a very contentious proposal. In the Mainer Sections ABC which are most often used for away supports so they should not present a problem and could be used for our supporters to PATG, IMO.

Not sure how much money is brought in by visiting fans but I would hope that the increase in PATG from home fans over the 18 home games would be more than we currently gain from the visiting supports. Visiting supports that sell out the Shankly and can make use of the Mainer will be down to Celtic , Rangers and perhaps Aberdeen I think.

For the record the club doesn't want to interact with the fans except when we're buying tickets. They want your cash then they want you to sit back and shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    For the record the club doesn't want to interact with the fans except when we're buying tickets. They want your cash then they want you to sit back and shut up.
    For the record....why in your opinion is this?

What's the benefit?

Why not tell us this when you were fans rep

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Did you not agree with the all ticket policy a few years back?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)