+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: fans interacting with the club

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    A pity that the serious issue of where do 100 ****agers, who used to attend games in the SE go, has gone back to the same discussion that it always degenerates into. Deeranged is right, the licensing authorities wanted the SE closed, the club took action that kept it open. Rross is right that the remedy is in the process of killing the patient. They both IMO want the atmosphere at Dens to improve. Safe Standing areas cost a lot of money to build. The cost was put on here the last time this was discussed, have not been able to find it but will try again. I'm not sure that spending money on Dens for this type of spectator experience is actually the best use of any funds that are available. Seems to me better players are more important but I'd be happy to be corrected.
    Why don't we spend 65p on a stamp and ask the council to review?

Actually think this is a sensible precaution particularly if you sit in the Mainer which is a wooden stand. Bradford was an horrific tragedy and making sure opposition fans who get to sit in sections ABC don't do anything silly seems a sensible approach. Would prefer that we used all of the Mainer and created a free sitting section for PATG supporters.
    Don't bring your sensible Pravda perspective over here.😁

Quote Originally Posted by GB72 View Post
    Have to disagree

What steps have club done ro improve the atmosphere at Dens?
    Did not make myself clear. The club took measures to comply with the licensing authorities requirements. I think these measures were unavoidable and that they have harmed the atmosphere in the SE. I think we all agree that there should be measures that the club could take to improve things. I'm not sure what they are and hope that we might get some positive suggestions from posters on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Why don't we spend 65p on a stamp and ask the council to review?
    Great idea. I'll write the letter!

Great idea. I'll write the letter!
    Why not.....Dundee and the most respected won't....they are happy with status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by billymorgan View Post
    Have you been watching Dundee this season & last ? The amount of times our so called strikers that have been given chances and phucked them up is incredible ?
    Or are you just being obtuse again
    Billy I’ve no missed a game, I go home and away, you walked past me yesterday going to your bus, I know about chances missed, but there was next to nothing created yesterday from the amount of possession we had

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Don't have details but more than one person needed first aid treatment that night directly as a result of the surges.
    I’m sure the first aider’s trying to put a lot of broken hearts back together that night 😀

Quote Originally Posted by ProvieRd View Post
    That’s not true, only on current set of circumstances. The problem is nobody is fighting or questioning these decisions. The club isn’t battling back against it, in fact I feel the club hides behind external bodies in an attempt to keep everyone quiet.
    The excuses about derry.....turnstiles are old and there are no parts. True - solution is today there are cheaper and better turnstiles than replacing relics. The stairs - yes they need some work but the stadium is sponsored by a ****ing construction company! Jesus it can’t be hard to find a low cost solution if there is a will surely?
    The non seated area - some standing barriers and it could be a standing area. This isn’t a 20,000 capacity stand with crush issues. For people who’d like to stand there the weather doesn’t matter, it was always popular and Dundee’s weather isn’t worse now than when we all grew up.
    The stadium manager doesn’t relate to young lads getting behind their team, he doesn’t call it the Derry and he certainly won’t do anything to make the above possible. The soul of our club is dying, the atmosphere is ****. One of the reasons is we don’t deep down actually like sanitised football. We are a rough city with guys who like a beer, a shout at the football and a laugh with our mates. There are nearly 10,000 other seats at Dens if the Derry isn’t for you, why can’t it be possible to make a space for traditional football fans?
    Only club I know who seems hell bent on being unsupported!!
    Betterr the soul dying than the club which nearly happened twice.

Would like to see specific sections in each stand PATG. Seems to me this should be throughly discussed by the board and some soundings taken from the supporters. I think it should be possible to create a frees eating section in each stand but to do this in the Bobby Cox and the SE that would mean that ST holders may be asked to change their seat. I would imagine that could be a very contentious proposal. In the Mainer Sections ABC which are most often used for away supports so they should not present a problem and could be used for our supporters to PATG, IMO.

Not sure how much money is brought in by visiting fans but I would hope that the increase in PATG from home fans over the 18 home games would be more than we currently gain from the visiting supports. Visiting supports that sell out the Shankly and can make use of the Mainer will be down to Celtic , Rangers and perhaps Aberdeen I think.
    I have already suggested with the ‘powers that be’ that PATG be introduced in the Bobby Cox in addition to the Main Stand. I also said that the club ‘missed a trick’ by not having PATG at the Aberdeen game in Sections A, B and C of the Main Stand for Away supporters.
    I also stated that it was plain daft that the club do not mention in the pre home game Information on the club website that there is a PATG turnstile in the Main Stand. I was previously told by a member of staff that only home games against Celtic, Rangers and United if they are in the same league will be all ticket to prevent Away supporters paying at the gate to gain entrance to the Home supporters sections of Dens Park.

Quote Originally Posted by GB72 View Post
    This country must be a laughing stock with the rest of Europe when it comes to Health and Safety, absolute do gooders withnothing better to do...we used to have about 200-300 young boys in that corner, lucky if theres30-40 there on Saturday, the board the stadium manager and the club in general wont have any fans to "protect" if this carries on...

All ticket games v motherwell you coudnt make it up.
    This Saturday’s home game against Motherwell will not be all ticket as there will be a PATG in the Main Stand. There should also be a PATG in the Bobby Cox as it has only been about half full so far this season.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)