+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: fans interacting with the club

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    This Saturday’s home game against Motherwell will not be all ticket as there will be a PATG in the Main Stand. There should also be a PATG in the Bobby Cox as it has only been about half full so far this season.
    I have a season ticket in The Bobby Cox stand. What would happen if someone paid at the gate and decided to sit in my seat? I would of course have to ask them to move but on more than one occasion people have refused with on one occasion the individual becoming aggressive stating that as I had not taken my seat by the start of the game I had no right to ask him to move. If I had been a very placid and laid back individual I may have accepted this situation however I'm an obnoxious ******* and told the **** in no uncertain terms to get tae ****.

This situation could have resulted in a fight however my measured approach to getting the boy telt saved the day. Another person may not be quite as tolerant as me and may move straight to the pus rapping stage when confronted with such audacity - nobody wants that now do they?

This gratuitous seat stealing has not happened since the introduction of ticket only entry to that stand as everyone is allocated a seat the number of which is clearly shown on the admission voucher. Big improvement in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I have a season ticket in The Bobby Cox stand. What would happen if someone paid at the gate and decided to sit in my seat? I would of course have to ask them to move but on more than one occasion people have refused with on one occasion the individual becoming aggressive stating that as I had not taken my seat by the start of the game I had no right to ask him to move. If I had been a very placid and laid back individual I may have accepted this situation however I'm an obnoxious ******* and told the **** in no uncertain terms to get tae ****.

This situation could have resulted in a fight however my measured approach to getting the boy telt saved the day. Another person may not be quite as tolerant as me and may move straight to the pus rapping stage when confronted with such audacity - nobody wants that now do they?

This gratuitous seat stealing has not happened since the introduction of ticket only entry to that stand as everyone is allocated a seat the number of which is clearly shown on the admission voucher. Big improvement in my opinion.

Yes big improvement

Be lucky if theres 4500 dees there on Saturday.

Do you honestly think if a guy buys a 24quid ticket and he gets row a, he will sit in that row??

Quote Originally Posted by GB72 View Post
    Yes big improvement

Be lucky if theres 4500 dees there on Saturday.

Do you honestly think if a guy buys a 24quid ticket and he gets row a, he will sit in that row??
    Do you think he's entitled to take a season ticket holder's seat?

There's more at play in the low crowds than ticket only turnstiles or one or two people's personal dislike of the Stadium Manager - the ****e we're given on the park is a bigger influence in my opinion.

What’s your seat number I’m going to sit in it in Saturday

There's more at play in the low crowds than ticket only turnstiles or one or two people's personal dislike of the Stadium Manager - the ****e we're given on the park is a bigger influence in my opinion.
    Hand them a ticket as they come through turnstile, first come first served with the back tickets being handed out first, it’s no rocket science as long as it’s not a jobsworth on the turnstile

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Hand them a ticket as they come through turnstile, first come first served with the back tickets being handed out first, it’s no rocket science as long as it’s not a jobsworth on the turnstile
    You know that wouldn't work - people would ask for specific seats to sit beside mates and cause bother at the turnstile or would sit anywhere when they got inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs brown View Post
    What’s your seat number I’m going to sit in it in Saturday
    V102 see you there.

Clubs responsibillity to put reserved stickers on seats, then stewards and police to do there job if guys are sittng in a reserved seat.

But no one would sit in a crap row/ seat despite what it says on ticket.

The ticketing policy has had a detrimental effect on attendances that there is no doubt.

At least the old fans rep didnt agree with it .

anyone know how many s/tkts there are in the coxy?compared to actual seats

Quote Originally Posted by GB72 View Post
    Clubs responsibillity to put reserved stickers on seats, then stewards and police to do there job if guys are sittng in a reserved seat.

But no one would sit in a crap row/ seat despite what it says on ticket.

The ticketing policy has had a detrimental effect on attendances that there is no doubt.

At least the old fans rep didnt agree with it .
    Ticketing policy is definitely affecting some people's attendance but not as many as are being put off by the shocking prices or the crap being served up on the park. All need addressed IMO.

Old fans' rep was a very misunderstood individual; nobody who spoke to him had a clue what he was talking about.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)