+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Crucial 48 Hours

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    The quality of the image looks as though it could have been taken yesterday. It's hard to get my head around the fact that if you were to look back at a similar length of time in 1978, you'd be looking at 1938 before the outbreak of World War II, which is a completely different world altogether, yet for anybody who was the age I am now in 1978, the 30s would feel as fresh in the memory as the 70s do for me.
    Yes, for a start the whole world was in black and white in the 30s, no wonder Notts had more fans! Joking aside, the world has never seen such speed of development in both of those two periods (from 38 to 78 and from 78 to now). Almost like two different worlds.

On another note, I've just got a new pair of Adidas Sambas - they're so good! I'd fit in nicely with that squad. When was the last time you saw a footie team all wearing the same boots?

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Someone else who reads what they want to see 🙂

Personally, I think AH should stick
    With KN and allow him to bring in hopefully 3 loan players ( 2 defenders and a goalkeeper)
    I'll bite!! Why the phuck didn't Nolan do that in the close season?

I find it amazing that there are certain posters on this forum who can’t have a civilised debate and revert to swearing and ganging up with other posters to try and make themselves feel better / or feel big, hence they come across as trolls, try growing up.
    Civilised debate,Who opened their gob with drivel?Don't need to gang up with anybody,to feel better or big.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Posts like that do not normally come from the Oirish I know.

If we keep Nolo, I genuinely fear for our league status. He just hasn't in any way demonstrated that he can recruit, organise or motivate players.
    Short memory syndrome gumpy? I'd say the way he came in on the back of 10 straight defeats and turned a Conference bound team into playoff contenders shows he can definiteley organise and motivate players. Recruitment is another matter however, and I'd agree he seems to have failed in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    I'll bite!! Why the phuck didn't Nolan do that in the close season?
    On paper the defence wasn't that bad last season and we have the same two centre backs with Hall, who presumably would be more involved had he not been injured and Pierce Bird who has apparently come on leaps and bounds over the last season (thought he looked alright today) then signed Kellett and Ox to cover the full back positions.

He also mistakenly thought Fitz would be good enough to fill Adam Collin's boots as he did a reasonable job of it last season before deciding to kick that player and cost us a game...

He was absolutely wrong on the GK department, Fitz worried me last season whenever he played and I couldn't wait for Collin to get back fit and now everyone else is seeing that he's useless. Duffy and Brisley on form were fine but when they're not playing well... God they look hopeless. We need Ben Hall back fit and preferably an out of contract experienced CB, I did think Mike Williamson might be an option but he's signed for Gateshead so what do I know. We also obviously need a keeper, Fitz isn't cut out to be anything more than a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    At no time did anyone come on and say, 'we need a new mod(s) or we're going to close the board down. Any takers? No? Ok, Swale and Cher1 - will you do it?' There was no public solicitation and as I remembered, you were indeed approached for the job rather than simply stepping up from a general solicitation.

I distinctly remember Thommo saying that he was stepping aside, that he needed replacing and that having been watching various posters, he thought Swale and Cher would make good mods.

Not that this matters to anything...

Why don't you just step down then? Nobody's forcing you to be a mod, and since in your view Cher1 is "amazing" then surely you trust her to either do the job herself or find a replacement for you.
    This is all starting to look a bit personal 'Andy'. Did I once kick your cat or something?

You can remember what you want, but for a start you are getting modding and editing confused. It was a different editor who needed help, someone I knew well and that was when I started. Swale started modding after me iirc, I have no idea which editor asked him nor does it matter. As a mod, it wouldnt be their job to find a replacement, you seem to misunderstand the basic difference between moderating and editing. The editor runs the site and they find the moderators. If they pick someone they trust to do that, its up to them, its not real life, its just a bloody football forum.

I wouldnt normally share my personal life on here but my wonderful Father in Law received a terminal diagnosis yesterday so actually I'm really not in the mood to take any of your nonsense right now. Please lay off.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    We don't want Romanis back again. Half of us got banned within a week.
    Absolutely spot on. I have more experience in this field than most because I was the single reason that Romanis wormed his way into becoming a moderator on this board. We are lucky now because we have a couple of mods who generally go by the rules, but also see the bigger picture when those rules are occasionally broken. There was a clear case for a ban earlier, but Swale took the sensible option in the circumstances and rightly only issued a warning, which I hope has been taken on board. I've seen how lunatic mods can easily kill a board stone dead. Moderating is a thankless task, but on here we should be grateful for what we've got.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Absolutely spot on. I have more experience in this field than most because I was the single reason that Romanis wormed his way into becoming a moderator on this board. We are lucky now because we have a couple of mods who generally go by the rules, but also see the bigger picture when those rules are occasionally broken. There was a clear case for a ban earlier, but Swale took the sensible option in the circumstances and rightly only issued a warning, which I hope has been taken on board. I've seen how lunatic mods can easily kill a board stone dead. Moderating is a thankless task, but on here we should be grateful for what we've got.
    I am quite happy with the modding on here....only the 2 month-long bans in 10 years?.....sounds ok to me (my son, the original Tarquin, got the other after only 2 weeks for suggesting we execute a certain player at half-time to boost attendances.....personally I thought his sense of humour was excellent.....oooops....hahaha)

AH has to either:

1: Back Nolan and let him go into the loan market to strengthen defensively with 2 or 3 quality signings.

Or

2: Get rid of Nolan in the next 24 hour and appoint someone in the following 24 hours and let whoever loose in the loan market.

Either way one has to happen.
    With all the explanations being considered as to why we are so poor at the moment the solution is blindingly obvious.
    We sack KN and Reinstate Smith ,Shola & Eddy
    Apparently we seem to be missing their influence in the dressing room and around the place.
    If this was the case WTF did/does KN do.
    I thought he was
    The motivator
    The communicator
    The terminator
    The Delegator
    The good Guy
    The bad Guy
    The mater of Tactics
    The Master of Formations
    all rolled into one ............

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    With all the explanations being considered as to why we are so poor at the moment the solution is blindingly obvious.
    We sack KN and Reinstate Smith ,Shola & Eddy
    Apparently we seem to be missing their influence in the dressing room and around the place.
    If this was the case WTF did/does KN do.
    I thought he was
    The motivator
    The communicator
    The terminator
    The Delegator
    The good Guy
    The bad Guy
    The mater of Tactics
    The Master of Formations
    all rolled into one ............
    You've missed out

https://youtu.be/hiFTdIUXXlc