+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Axeman Cometh

The Axeman Cometh

Mr Hardy have you got the balls to wield the Axe?

It’s sad it’s some to this but what other option is there realistically?

You’ve backed the Manager in cold hard cash yet the squad looks totally uncompetive in this league.

You simply cannot play your way out of the league.

Nolan has to go tonight to allow a new team to dip into the loan market.

Just a thought like: are you going to pay up the 2 years left on Nolan's contract?

Ex-premier league player with a good agent -won't be a few pennies like Fullash!te was, of that you can be sure...

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post
    Just a thought like: are you going to pay up the 2 years left on Nolan's contract?

Ex-premier league player with a good agent -won't be a few pennies like Fullash!te was, of that you can be sure...
    What fool gave him a 3yr contract.We all know,they aren't worth the paper they are written on

Can't see what sacking him would achieve at this point. He proved what was possible last season so should be given time. Ferguson was given 10 games. Then look what happened ....

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    What fool gave him a 3yr contract.We all know,they aren't worth the paper they are written on
    Yeah that's the line that Hardy took with Sheridan and it was Hardy who ended up losing out in court.

Nolan's time is probably up but it won't be cheap getting him out the door, that's for sure...

Just watched the post match interview and Kev looks a broken man and a little bit lost. It’s actually quite sad to watch. Hard fo believe how quickly that winning mentality has evaporated from the club and it does feel like he’s struggling to get the current crop of players playing for him. What a difference to last season and ‘fortress Meadow Lane’.

Yes the defence needs bolstering and yes we need some grit in midfield. But I also don’t think we should underestimate the role played by Kev’s mates Shola, Smudger and Eddy last season. I’m not just talking about on the pitch but I expect they were a very positive influence in the dressing room and on the training ground. It can only be a good thing for younger and lower league players to be surrounded by pros of their quality and experience.

Perhaps Kev should make a call to his old mates to see if they can help him get that ‘boot room’ mentality back again? Something that is sadly missing at the moment....
    Last edited by ManchesterMagpie; 25-08-2018 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ManchesterMagpie View Post
    I also don’t think we should underestimate the role played by Kev’s mates Shola, Smudger and Eddy last season.
    I mentioned that last week. Not just that the club is missing their experience badly, but that it's concerning/interesting they all left at the same time.

Going by everything that's gone before, we're destined for a bottom half finish. No Notts side in living memory has recovered from a start as bad as this to make the top half, never mind challenge for promotion. The best I can come up with is the 1947/48 side who lost 4 of their first 5 (and won the other) and went on to finish 6th, but a certain Mr Tommy Lawton signed for us that season.

Elsewhere the obvious example of an extreme turnaround would be Sunderland who lost their first four games of 2006/07 and went onto to win promotion, but they appointed a new manager for game 5, Roy Keane.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Going by everything that's gone before, we're destined for a bottom half finish. No Notts side in living memory has recovered from a start as bad as this to make the top half, never mind challenge for promotion. The best I can come up with is the 1947/48 side who lost 4 of their first 5 (and won the other) and went on to finish 6th, but a certain Mr Tommy Lawton signed for us that season.

Elsewhere the obvious example of an extreme turnaround would be Sunderland who lost their first four games of 2006/07 and went onto to win promotion, but they appointed a new manager for game 5, Roy Keane.
    Bottom half -as in above the relegation places would be remarkable. Anyone who thinks we aren’t going the same way as Chesterfield is absolutely deluded.
    We have been utter tosh since we lost at their ground last season., take Forte’s goals out of the equation and we wouldn’t have made a play off place.
    The disappearance of Eddy and Alan Smith is a loss as well as curious. You might suggest they saw the tip of the ice berg.

Quote Originally Posted by ManchesterMagpie View Post
    Just watched the post match interview and Kev looks a broken man and a little bit lost. It’s actually quite sad to watch. Hard fo believe how quickly that winning mentality has evaporated from the club and it does feel like he’s struggling to get the current crop of players playing for him. What a difference to last season and ‘fortress Meadow Lane’.

Yes the defence needs bolstering and yes we need some grit in midfield. But I also don’t think we should underestimate the role played by Kev’s mates Shola, Smudger and Eddy last season. I’m not just talking about on the pitch but I expect they were a very positive influence in the dressing room and on the training ground. It can only be a good thing for younger and lower league players to be surrounded by pros of their quality and experience.

Perhaps Kev should make a call to his old mates to see if they can help him get that ‘boot room’ mentality back again? Something that is sadly missing at the moment....
    Excellent post and totally agree, since Eddie departed we have looked an absolute shambles at the back, get home back in and quick, he has to have some kind of possitive influence in the dressing room.... I also just saw KN's interview, he looks like a man waiting for the axe at this stage, if he can't explain why we are getting stuffed every week then he is not the right man for the job.... I do like the man and thank him for saving us but now the problem is if he stays he could be the one to doom us to non league.... It's early in the season but it's starting to get very scary indeed

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast