+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Queens v Ayr United

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    I said to my father towards the end of the game "you have just witnessed a master class."

Obviously the pairing of Dobbie and Harkins is in a different league, but once again Dykes, Stirling, Doyle, Semple........sorry the entire team are playing some wonderful football which is a delight to watch.

Superlatives fail me, - it is fantastic to be able to come to Palmerston and I think a lot of credit must go to Naysmith and his backroom team, plus the BOD for bringing top class football to Dumfries.
    Totally agree with you Great to hear the manager praising the clean sheet as well as the goals although the 5th was special in that it was a whole team goal. What a display and where were the Ayr wonder strikers?

Quote Originally Posted by MUSKY View Post
    That was just brilliant today, a great team effort. We are so full of energy and just keep pushing on even when we have the game won.
    Harkins and Todd are real quality signings for us but my fav player so far is Michael Doyle, he just gives 100% ALL of the time, his determination and drive filters through the whole side. Callum Semple gets better and better each week and I really hope we keep him beyond January when his loan spell ends, he is certainly destined for a big future in the game. Andy Stirling had another great game, full of skill, energy and running and Lyndon Dykes never stops running and is a vastly improved player over the last year.
    A lot of credit must go to the Management team who have the side playing fast, energetic and exciting football, lets hope it continues.
    PS. That old guy Dobbie is doing alright too....
    Great post totally agree and the 5th goal, a whole team goal, was something special

McCall post match comments are interesting in that he picked out Lyndon Dykes as the Queens player that Ayr just could not cope with. Lyndon has had plenty of critics on this site and perhaps it is now time to sing his praises since his link up with Dobbie in particular but also all the other around his is pivotal in this attacking form we are now showing. He was responsible for setting up at least four of the goals yesterday, won the penalty, which was missed, could have had a couple of goals himself and covered every blade of artificial grass. He is now clearly a crucial part of this team and this needs to be recognised. Playing through the middle is his best position otherwise his attributes can be wasted especially if played out wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    McCall post match comments are interesting in that he picked out Lyndon Dykes as the Queens player that Ayr just could not cope with. Lyndon has had plenty of critics on this site and perhaps it is now time to sing his praises since his link up with Dobbie in particular but also all the other around his is pivotal in this attacking form we are now showing. He was responsible for setting up at least four of the goals yesterday, won the penalty, which was missed, could have had a couple of goals himself and covered every blade of artificial grass. He is now clearly a crucial part of this team and this needs to be recognised. Playing through the middle is his best position otherwise his attributes can be wasted especially if played out wide.
    Agree 100% His work rate is exceptional He is a proper handful for any defence and he is not easy to miss

Its especially apparent when you study the highlights. Possibly Dykes best ever performance in a Queens shirt from start to finish.
    The link up between Stirling, Harkins, Dykes and Dobbie is brilliant and with Doyle at centre half the defense has fallen into place now as well.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Its especially apparent when you study the highlights. Possibly Dykes best ever performance in a Queens shirt from start to finish.
    The link up between Stirling, Harkins, Dykes and Dobbie is brilliant and with Doyle at centre half the defense has fallen into place now as well.
    Doyle's passing out of defence instead of Fordyce's aimless punts are a huge benefit .

Credit where credit is due. After the Utd match I had a rant about how bad this side was on the evidence of that day. 3 or 4 games later I have to stand corrected. Doyle moving into the centre and looking like a huge signing along with semple. Mercer starting to show a bit of form, Harkins starting to turn it on, Todd showing what a good player he is, dykes starting to work, and dobs on fire and we are a completely different team. Credit for this has to go to the manager and his team. My only concern is the same as most people - depth of the squad. If we can reach the new year in the top 4 then I think there may be a few more loan signings, but what has been proven in the last 3 games is that when the manager can field his strongest side we are going to compete with the best this league has to offer, which is something I had concerns about after the Utd game. So I take my hat off to the manager and say well done.

I think that is a hugely important post Fatfan.

In the fickle world of football it is too easy to criticise and oh so easy to find fault.

In a perfect world we would have a stronger squad, - but we are a small town squad punching way above our weight and we should all be as proud us hell!

This incredible elation that we are all feeling could change in the blink of an eye if (God forbid) Dobbie was injured, - or if Dundee (for example) came knocking at the door wanting Naysmith to move on to pastures new.

The squad that has been assembled is quite incredible, - and being a Queens fan now is very close to the feelings we had a decade ago, - when we had just been to Denmark.

That feeling wont last forever, - so enjoy it while you can folks.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)