+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A point gained or 2 dropped...

A point gained or 2 dropped...

I think it was a good point from 2 down to pull it back and been unlucky not to win. How many times have we come from behind in the last few years.

Agree Kev, a goal down 3 yellow cards then 2 nil down

I think personally we haven't quite hit our stride yet , yes obviously some of the results have been good but there's the odd blip in there too .

The two goals we scored today were proper class , not really chances but they were converted none the less , the Moore header actually impressed me the most although the Cavare strike was pretty spectacular .

It didn't sound like we were at it at all for an hour but still had enough to keep at it and comeback .

I think once we are in to autumn and early winter and Stendel's influence further grows with hopefully some additions we will start to put a string of wins together and possibly break free from the pack .

The Peterborough's and Sunderland's are having a decent run of results but I don't buy they will be as good as us over the full season .

I'll take automatic promotion but my sights are on winning the league , the play offs although not to be sniffed at would leave me feeling that we possibly under achieved .

Back to back home games coming up and I expect 6 points , I don't see looking at the two fixtures that we should be expecting anything less .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 25-08-2018 at 05:33 PM.

Sh1te result . Chuffed wi't point but I don't want to subsscribe to the "last season that ad' a been a loss" attitude. Lets be arrogant we're better than this. Let's be reight abart it. We've just come darn from Championship we should be arsoiling these no hopers. Aww bless I hear you say. Repeating mi' sen ****e result, ****e result, ****e rezulllttt lol.

Shoulda mullered em , expected a win to be honest
    Good to come back from 2 behind though, shows some spirit, bet it felt like a win for those hardy few that decided S****horpe was a good day out.
    Fair play I say, onwards.

Av only just got back. Set an hour in their car park befooar wheels were rolling.

A favourite of many on here, Council Leader Steve Houghton, wo set in front of me. Sumdi wo letting off silent but deadly farts all game. Worrit him ?. A lot of wasps flying abart. Cracking atmosphere in stand. I luv the Third Division. (He dunt want to go up)
    A sign of a promotion teeam is to come back from two darn away so a wo happy at the end. We wo sh1te first half. Slow, laboured build up, poor touches, clearly missing Bradshaw ) Carvery ez always got that penalty in him. Scunny played some good football.
    After their second goal we looked art of it but credit to the lads coming back to scooar and Carvery's goal was Hammill at his finest.

Lyndsay looked to be ruerrin at the end az they came ovva forra clap and gave a sheepish clap kissing the badge. Last game ?

Am on a luvly Dalwhinnies Winter Gold single malt (on offer at Tescos) as the curries warm up in the oven.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Sh1te result . Chuffed wi't point but I don't want to subsscribe to the "last season that ad' a been a loss" attitude. Lets be arrogant we're better than this. Let's be reight abart it. We've just come darn from Championship we should be arsoiling these no hopers. Aww bless I hear you say. Repeating mi' sen ****e result, ****e result, ****e rezulllttt lol.
    There's nothing wrong with arrogance in football if you have something to be arrogant about which at this level I think we do .

It's sometimes a bit of a flaw within the fan base that we don't and settle for the safe ground .

Peterborough with fat boy Evans , feck off , Sunderland who make Charlie Wyke their marquee summer signing , feck off too .

If both these two sides come to play with us then they'll get smashed , come and spoil and you may have a sniff .

I'm normally very pessimistic as many of you know from over the years but my feeling is we will win this league just as long as the nob heads behind the scenes don't pull the rug from under Stendel's feet .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 25-08-2018 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    There's nothing wrong with arrogance in football if you have something to be arrogant about which at this level I think we do .

It's sometimes a bit of a flaw within the fan base that we don't and settle for the safe ground .

Peterborough with fat boy Evans , feck off , Sunderland who make Charlie Wyke their marquee summer signing , feck off too .

If both these two sides come to play with us then they'll get smashed , come and spoil and you may have a sniff .

I'm normally very pessimistic as many of you know from over the years but my feeling is we will win this league just as long as the nob heads behind the scenes don't pull the rug from under Stendel's feet .
    Excellent post

The players are allowed an average 45 mins! A shame we didn't cap it off with a win but better than a loss

Still undefeated but we'll have blips now and again this season can't win every game

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast