+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deeper problems ?

Deeper problems ?

KN just like the last 9-10 managers we have employed looks likely to be sacked for our latest bunch of players frailties & tbh I am beyond caring, but after multiple managers & a change of owner I can only believe that the problems run deeper! a quick look at the "higher" leagues throws up a catalogue of clubs that in the fairly recent past we were competing with on a level playing field, why have so many clubs moved on yet we have stood still or moved the other way ? About the only constant over the last 15/20 years has been the ground could this be the problem? let me explain, some Notts fans certainly suffer from a superiority problem & I wander if this extends to our players- owner- & staff in general. Our ground is fantastic for this league which probably means that opponents & their fans love making the trip, on the reverse side having been used to the Premier quality of our dressing rooms it must be a shock to the system visiting some of the grounds. Do our fantastic facilities that our owner is obviously very proud of actually lead to our players believing that they are playing for a "Big" club & maybe get complacent about the amount of effort they have to put in? I am probably clutching at straws & will be interested to see what others think,but I genuinely that there is a deep problem at our club which will not be cured just by changing managers yet again. Sorry for the rant,COYP

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    KN just like the last 9-10 managers we have employed looks likely to be sacked for our latest bunch of players frailties & tbh I am beyond caring, but after multiple managers & a change of owner I can only believe that the problems run deeper! a quick look at the "higher" leagues throws up a catalogue of clubs that in the fairly recent past we were competing with on a level playing field, why have so many clubs moved on yet we have stood still or moved the other way ? About the only constant over the last 15/20 years has been the ground could this be the problem? let me explain, some Notts fans certainly suffer from a superiority problem & I wander if this extends to our players- owner- & staff in general. Our ground is fantastic for this league which probably means that opponents & their fans love making the trip, on the reverse side having been used to the Premier quality of our dressing rooms it must be a shock to the system visiting some of the grounds. Do our fantastic facilities that our owner is obviously very proud of actually lead to our players believing that they are playing for a "Big" club & maybe get complacent about the amount of effort they have to put in? I am probably clutching at straws & will be interested to see what others think,but I genuinely that there is a deep problem at our club which will not be cured just by changing managers yet again. Sorry for the rant,COYP

Don't think it's the ground Kev tho I would agree that our problems this season do appear to run deeper than first glance would suggest. Is Nolo that bad a manager that he is unable in any way to motivate his own players? It's not like we're suffering a run of bad luck, these players do not even appear to be trying? What the **** is happening?

Since Nolan and Hardy came in, for the first 18 months the home form was excellent, even if the performances weren’t always pretty. Crowds have also improved dramatically. The concern now is how many will drift away if we don’t turn things around quickly. The only thing we can think about at this stage is trying to get to 50 points.

I agree with you broadly, that our current problems run deeper than on the pitch, but in general terms I think we've actually made progress off the pitch and it feels like the most stable we've been since I remember.

I think it's time to face it notts need to pack up and put people out of there misery no one as the funds to run the club basford utd are run better

I do think Meadow Lane is a very attractive place to come and play for an away team and it's a good day for away fans too (didn't it literally win an award for that?) but our home form was brilliant in 2017 and I don't think it was too bad in the latter half of last season. I'm a big fan of making the away dressing room much smaller than it was to dampen the attraction somewhat and make it more difficult but I don't see it as a big long term problem.

Giving teams that have a good away support the whole Sirrel stand is an issue though, obviously it makes us more money but having that many away fans in the ground compared to the home fans instantly lessens our home advantage. The answer to that is to fill those seats with Notts fans like the game against Crewe last season but I don't see that happening anytime soon on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I think there are deeper problems, but I would rule Meadow Lane out. This team just doesn't play like a Nolan team - never say die, and make the most of what you've got. I'm afraid I can't provide any reasons as to why.

Well done, Ancient, I have been saying this for 2 weeks now. There is a malaise at the club that is quite serious. It makes me laugh that so many on here think it is a matter of replacing one or two players. No, it's much more than that.
    The dynamics of a workplace at a football club are no different than any other workplace. When something is seriously wrong with COMMUNICATION, it is not long before the entire edifice collapses. I have watched this happen at two workplaces that were doing fine until the relationships went awry.
    I suspect Nolan's faults as a boss pretty well mirror those of Roy Keane. They come from similar backgrounds. Let's face it, Kevin hardly strikes you as a master of communication and man management. Having said that, I am sure this goes deeper than Mr Nolan and harks back to the Trews' time.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Well done, Ancient, I have been saying this for 2 weeks now. There is a malaise at the club that is quite serious. It makes me laugh that so many on here think it is a matter of replacing one or two players. No, it's much more than that.
    The dynamics of a workplace at a football club are no different than any other workplace. When something is seriously wrong with COMMUNICATION, it is not long before the entire edifice collapses. I have watched this happen at two workplaces that were doing fine until the relationships went awry.
    I suspect Nolan's faults as a boss pretty well mirror those of Roy Keane. They come from similar backgrounds. Let's face it, Kevin hardly strikes you as a master of communication and man management. Having said that, I am sure this goes deeper than Mr Nolan and harks back to the Trews' time.
    OMG do my eyes deceive me ?
    I didn't hear the Trew's getting any credit for the partially successful season last season.
    However now something is wrong at the Lane it seems to hark back to the Trew's ??
    Would Sidders care to expand further on this logic.?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    OMG do my eyes deceive me ?
    I didn't hear the Trew's getting any credit for the partially successful season last season.
    However now something is wrong at the Lane it seems to hark back to the Trew's ??
    Would Sidders care to expand further on this logic.?
    Sidders is not very well and generally talks complete tosh, even when totally compos mentis....apparently, our general lack of form is down to the Trews era, or before?....maybe it's that Gyppo curse?

Beam me up Scotty

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast