+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Deeper problems ?

Presumably Freeman is on about the Shrewsbury job.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves with the Collin comment.

This is part of a three part tweet that includes “3 decisions away from league 1...”

So the comment should not be taken out of context completely.

We are talking about tweets (read brevity) and a footballer (not an English professor)

And even assuming it’s a pop at AH, we’ve no idea what reasons Nolan gave to Collin about the non renewal of his contract. Eg “my hands are tied..”

At the end of the day, what happens on the pitch is what matters. AH will ultimately be judged on that.

If folk think he’s a background manager, then he’ll appoint Chettle, why wouldn’t he?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I really hope 'full reign on decisions' doesn't refer to the chairman reading criticism of the style of football on social media and signing neat and tidy players independent of / against the manager's wishes.

On so many levels and for so many reasons, not least that that would make Kewell a dead cert.
    I read the same defence of Moniz quite a few times in that Branston was signing players above his head.

I would say the same thing, even more so about a vastly experienced ex premier league player like Nolan, surely any manager worth his salt wouldn’t allow players to be signed without his say so?

Not gonna name the club or my HP Sauce but I was told in pre season that all was not as rosy behind the scenes as AH liked to make out between his relationship with Nolan and he'd applied for a job elsewhere whilst also being told he was on his last warning regarding his drinking issues and with someone on twitter saying they'd seen him (not for the first time) out drunk in the early hours of the morning before a recent Notts game I do wonder if that had anything to do with AH's final decision too?

I'd say it's fairly apparent that Nolan would have rather kept Adam Collin with the high praise he had for him last season, saying he thought without his injury he would have been in contention for the team of the year and Mark Crossley was also a very big fan of his if you'd seen the video they put on Magpie Player at some point last season so I don't think it's Adam Collin being bitter at all, he'd still be here if Nolan had the final say.

The interview with AH on the first day of the season tended to suggest all wasn’t well.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post

I'd say it's fairly apparent that Nolan would have rather kept Adam Collin with the high praise he had for him last season, saying he thought without his injury he would have been in contention for the team of the year and Mark Crossley was also a very big fan of his if you'd seen the video they put on Magpie Player at some point last season so I don't think it's Adam Collin being bitter at all, he'd still be here if Nolan had the final say.
    Whilst it’s easy to take the single comment by Collin and extrapolate it, I can’t say I’d agree that Nolan didn’t have a say, he’d hardly come out with the following otherwise.

Nolan said: "I can't thank the lads enough for their committed efforts in my first full season here at Notts County.

"These decisions are some of the hardest, if not the hardest, we make as a management team and it's never an easy time for everyone involved.“

Surely he’d mention budget constraints, or money needing to be spent elsewhere....

If these so called directors have resigned because they wanted Nolan to stay then good ridance to them as well..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    If these so called directors have resigned because they wanted Nolan to stay then good ridance to them as well..
    Spot on durham

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Agreed. Given that both their allegiances belong across the river anyway, they will be able to their true love now. Unless they decide to follow Nolan to his next job, that is (although if the rumours are true, he’d be better off trying to sort his alleged drinking problem out before doing anything else).

I'm not that bothered about Jon Whoever's resignation. He may have disagreed with the decision but his twitter post suggests he felt that he had no real influence on the board. What did he expect, given AH is 100% shareholder and will clearly therefore call the shots?

Fletcher is more interesting. He may only have changed his twitter profile to downplay his involvement with Notts, given his day job in the sycophantic world of football media. If he has resigned that would be more significant, given that he is a mate of AH's and I recall that their families went on holiday together over the summer.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast