+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wakey wakey

Wakey wakey

Let’s stop beating about the bush here , successive managers have failed to deliver what’s glaringly obvious which is a goalscorer , which imo is sackable in any line of employment, this pish where you all argue what’s good and bad about our lack of goals is nonsense , yes we play decent football but for phuck sake who’s going to do which matters most
    Answer is no Chunt!!!
    Phucking joke that’s killing our club !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs brown View Post
    Let’s stop beating about the bush here , successive managers have failed to deliver what’s glaringly obvious which is a goalscorer , which imo is sackable in any line of employment, this pish where you all argue what’s good and bad about our lack of goals is nonsense , yes we play decent football but for phuck sake who’s going to do which matters most
    Answer is no Chunt!!!
    Phucking joke that’s killing our club !!!!
    To be fair in my line of employment failing to deliver a goalscorer would not even be a consideration never mind a sackable offence. Are we over reacting just a tad?

BTW for what it's worth I've been anti McCann from day one of his tenure - very poor choice of manager.

What hope have we got when fans are against the manager before a goal is kicked, I can’t remember anyone wanting **** if him after he won his first two games,
    As a matter of interest who would you have had, and who would you go for now

Wasn’t against the manager to start with , what I’m against now is his ego and stubbornness
    An example imo is tony watt , correct me if I’m wrong but jimmy Boyle was his mentor at Airdrie , tony watt trains with us , Boyle suggests tony watt as a striker we so badly need , mcann says my baw so no , tony watt scores against us and we can’t hit the proverbial barn door!!!
    Phucking fizzing at this failure to get a striker of any sort for 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    What hope have we got when fans are against the manager before a goal is kicked, I can’t remember anyone wanting **** if him after he won his first two games,
    It's not about who I would have had or who I would take now. I was happy enough to be rid of Hartley and as a short term fix McCann was good enough, the job he did in temporary charge was all we could have wanted. However instead of pursuing him, particularly after he rejected the first offer, I'd have looked at all the other options and made a balanced decision on what I thought would have been the best option for the club - that's usually how recruitment works; always go for the best overall option for the hiring organisation.

What I can say though is that my choice would have been an experienced manager who would have offered to build a side that would battle and compete for the first two seasons before he tried all the fancy technical crap that McCann does and Hartley did before him. After Hartley it was glaringly obvious that we needed to steady the ship and the choice of a manager with the football philosophy we're seeing from McCann verges on negligence by the board.

If you don't agree with this say so straight out and justify why rather than having digs at me or anyone else that has the audacity to disagree with you.

Should have broke the bank for Ross and who to get now , phuck knows

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    It's not about who I would have had or who I would take now. I was happy enough to be rid of Hartley and as a short term fix McCann was good enough, the job he did in temporary charge was all we could have wanted. However instead of pursuing him, particularly after he rejected the first offer, I'd have looked at all the other options and made a balanced decision on what I thought would have been the best option for the club - that's usually how recruitment works; always go for the best overall option for the hiring organisation.

What I can say though is that my choice would have been an experienced manager who would have offered to build a side that would battle and compete for the first two seasons before he tried all the fancy technical crap that McCann does and Hartley did before him. After Hartley it was glaringly obvious that we needed to steady the ship and the choice of a manager with the football philosophy we're seeing from McCann verges on negligence by the board.

If you don't agree with this say so straight out and justify why rather than having digs at me or anyone else that has the audacity to disagree with you.
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post

I for once agree with you 100%, I wasn’t having a pop, I was trying to get a debate going on who you would have gone for, and who you would go for now, as the obvious answer to question is not available now,
    I did mention that I never heard ANYONE have a pop at NM after his first two matches, again that wasn’t a pop at you, I do and will have pops but it wasn’t on this occasion

I for once agree with you 100%, I wasn’t having a pop, I was trying to get a debate going on who you would have gone for, and who you would go for now, as the obvious answer to question is not available now,
    I did mention that I never heard ANYONE have a pop at NM after his first two matches, again that wasn’t a pop at you, I do and will have pops but it wasn’t on this occasion
    Thought you were saying I'd been happy with McCann's appointment and have now changed my opinion but fair enough probably a misunderstanding by me.

You should agree with me more often; I'm usually right

Anyone who declares Sophie Moussa is good enough to be given the job of main striker for the 2nd season running isn't a football manager. Following that with Mendy, the mind boggles.

Watching Motherwell, you can ask are they in a false position? Watching Dundee, there is no doubt they are where they deserve to be. And will be all season under McCann.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)