+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stephen Dobbie Stats

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    I may consider doing this for the seasons I have recorded.

There’s definitely one thing you should consider doing ALBERTZ and this isn’t it.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    There’s definitely one thing you should consider doing ALBERTZ and this isn’t it.
    Totally agree Aloreburn to 15 significant figures!!!!!!

You can think what you like but I know I'm right.

With Dobbie scoring four league goals yesterday, I was wondering if that's the first player to do so since Dobbie scored four goals vs. Clyde in the 7-1 win?

I don't think Nicky Clark scored four goals in a game during the 2012-13 season when he scored 41 goals.

Not sure that's correct. His overall total is 122 goals in 197 appearances, so his average is a goal every 1.614750984 games, similar to my earlier post.
    So now Dobbie has 198 appearances and 126 goals, so his average is down to 1.5714285

With Dobbie scoring four league goals yesterday, I was wondering if that's the first player to do so since Dobbie scored four goals vs. Clyde in the 7-1 win?

I don't think Nicky Clark scored four goals in a game during the 2012-13 season when he scored 41 goals.
    Nicky Clark never scored 4 goals in a match for Queens but he did score 2 hat-tricks that season so I would think the last player to score 4 goals would have been Dobbie.

Jimmy Rutherford (1931\32) & Nicky Clark (2012\13) 41 goals in a season must be under threat of getting overtaking my Stephen Dobbie this season as he only needs another 24 goals to beat it and we have just entered September.
    If Dobbie does do it that would also mean Dobbie moving to 150 Queens goals.

What a joy to watch Dobbie and the team play attacking football and long my it continue.

199 appearances and 128 goals....so now his average is 1.5546875

Its only 8th Sep and Dobbie has hit 20 goals. I'll bet this NEVER happens again. He is bound to hit a dry spell as he can't possibly keep that going . Is it possible that Dobbie could equal or beat Nicky Clarks 40 goals in a higher league ? ( and yes I know he has boosted his goals tally by playing lower opposition but he's also scored v Dundee United, Falkirk and Ayr and counting).

41 goals is the target to beat, with Clark equalling Jimmy Rutherford's total from season 1931-32 in season 2012-13.

Alexander "Jimmy" Gray still holds the league goals record of 37 in season 1927-28.

Dobbie has 8 league goals and 12 cup goals currently.

dobs is doing it in a higher level league than what nicky did ,the mans a machine and if he keeps injury free and queens keep taking an attacking aproach he will crush this record.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)