+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Nolans Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The BetVictor new manager list has been posted on the 'Odds 18-19' thread. Harry Kewell is the surprise favourite, must be based on rumour because I don't think he was in anyone's mind. Here's Skybet's odds, I'll be steering well clear on this one:

https://m.skybet.com/football/manage...event/22712449
    Sol Campbell in there EP, are they having a laugh...

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 937
Size:  11.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The BetVictor new manager list has been posted on the 'Odds 18-19' thread. Harry Kewell is the surprise favourite, must be based on rumour because I don't think he was in anyone's mind. Here's Skybet's odds, I'll be steering well clear on this one:

https://m.skybet.com/football/manage...event/22712449
    David Hopkin at 22/1? Never heard of him.
    If he is any relation to Mary Hopkin though we could change the run out music to "Those were the days, my friend"

How dare he sack a future England manager! Seriously, I hope this is a wake-up call to AH to avoid getting carried away by what he sees on the tactics board, what he sees in training, how the squad's stronger after the transfer windows and who's going to be the next Messi. He comes from a non-league background and even at our level it's a man's not a boy's game.

Sorry for KN, AH has made the right call though I still don't understand why the obvious to most was not the obvious to those that matter.

Cross fingers that the next one is a right choice otherwise we're start in danger of mirroring the Trew years. And what conspiracy theory is Sid on? Did some skeleton get locked in a cupboard? The best theory I have is that Tinker's Lean drains the energy away into the Trent, or that the ground faces the wrong way.
    Last edited by Old_pie; 26-08-2018 at 12:22 PM. Reason: missing 's

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    The best theory I have is that Tinker's Lean drains the energy away into the Trent, or that the ground faces the wrong way.
    I think it's a bit of both of those.

Just got in and saw the news on here.
    Sad, a bit shocked at the timing but think it's the right decision. It feels strange to think all those things at the same time.

It's easier to say now that Durham Pie was right all along. Well done on being the only one to make 'the king's new clothes' call and say that he was actually bobbins.

I don't think he wanted to be anti-football but he knew nothing else - he really was Big Sam's own son. I cringed at Newport as Husin booted kick-offs straight into touch. It was like watching rugby or grid iron in the same way last season was based on Stead and Ameobi winning free kicks to gain yardage. Newport fans were shouting hoofball all game long and you couldn't argue with them.

Hewitt should have thrived moving to full back after two years in midfield. So much more time on the ball facing the right way. Trouble was he didn't actually play any football in those two years so he actually regressed and became a poorer footballer on the evidence of his play.

A real shame overall, everyone wanted him to succeed. I hope he can learn from this and bounce back.
    For us, I think we need a man with some experience and a bit more tactical nous, but hopefully someone who can motivate and get players to buy in the way Nolan did at the start.

Let's face it people. Whoever comes in next. They can't do much worse. We're the bottom team in the football league without a win in ten games. We have a sh1t defence that the manager wouldn't change. We've bought a league two striker who netted plenty in a crap team last year getting bit parts in games. He had to go! Utterly clueless. He vindicated defeats by playing people who had committed major fcuk ups in the previous game.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    David Hopkin at 22/1? Never heard of him.
    If he is any relation to Mary Hopkin though we could change the run out music to "Those were the days, my friend"
    Hopkin may not be a bad bet. Took Livingston to back-to-back promotions before quitting at the end of May. Probably wants to work higher than L2, but maybe worth a look?

Agree that Gary Bowyer would be a good option. Simon Grayson is also still out of work as well, I believe.

If we’re looking at rookies, what about bringing Shola Ameobi back with a director of football above him?

...that it should come to this,two ex f****t ****ers as caretakers.........how we have fallen.

Two scabby one nil wins and they will be a shoe in....believe it folks!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345