+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations Alan Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That's the problem with the internet age. As little as 30 people constantly posting on social media can soon appear to be a majority, when the truth is that in reality it's only 30 people. I'm not sure Big Al has worked this out though.
    He blocked over 200 twitterers during the week and also agreed that this was early days and just a bad patch that everyone has, just that "ours came early in the season".

Today's tweets are all about girls/womens football - maybe then that is where the next appointment is coming from

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    He blocked over 200 twitterers during the week and also agreed that this was early days and just a bad patch that everyone has, just that "ours came early in the season".

Today's tweets are all about girls/womens football - maybe then that is where the next appointment is coming from
    I'm pretty sure that if Twitter had been around during Jimmy Sirrel's era you could easily find a poor 10 game run where a few dozen 'fans' would have been on their keyboard demanding his dismissal. Sacking is the easy bit, it's much harder to replace with someone better.

Over to you Alan.

I'm pretty sure that if Twitter had been around during Jimmy Sirrel's era you could easily find a poor 10 game run where a few dozen 'fans' would have been on their keyboard demanding his dismissal. Sacking is the easy bit, it's much harder to replace with someone better.
    Very true. I hope, and to be honest I believe, that Alan Hardy has made this decision based on his own reading of the situation, rather than on pressure from social media, but I repeat for the ump****th time that it would be better for him, and simply more professional, to step away from Twitter and communicate through proper, official club channels.

His line is that he wants to keep supporters in touch with what's going on at the club, and that may be true to a point, but I also think he likes to be at the heart of the story and the centre of attention. There are times when that's absolutely what's required of a good leader, but there are other times when it's best to leave the limelight to others, not least the football management staff you've appointed.
    Last edited by jackal2; 26-08-2018 at 08:29 PM.

Over to you Alan.
    Well I don't know what the blocked tweets said 'cause they were, err, blocked. Excluding the top flight JS did have an 8 game run without a win that probably cost promotion that year but he made up for it the year after.

Dunnett I doubt would have entertained Social Media, too much noise and fake news, I blame the Russians for being disruptive though what they've got against Notts I can't imagine - maybe they will only support reds.

I see that one of the directors , J C Enever , has stepped down as he didn't think his views carried much influence at the club

Quote Originally Posted by 80milesSouth View Post
    I see that one of the directors , J C Enever , has stepped down as he didn't think his views carried much influence at the club
    Well Enever!

But how do you know it was the minority of fans that wanted Nolan gone?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    But how do you know it was the minority of fans that wanted Nolan gone?
    I thought he was out of his depth after the terrible performance in the rescued draw against FGR - we were so bad it was embarrassing in front of a big crowd

That's the problem with the internet age. As little as 30 people constantly posting on social media can soon appear to be a majority, when the truth is that in reality it's only 30 people. I'm not sure Big Al has worked this out though.
    Spot on, we had the same problem under Fawaz.

It still boils my blood that a minority group of idiots on social media convinced a single idiot to sack Sean O'Driscoll when we were 7th at Xmas after cobbling together a band of misfits 3 weeks before the start of the season.

Social media is great at exposing truths and lies that mainstream media doesn't cover, but it's hellish in idiot fan opinions.

Over to you Alan.
    Social media just allows people to vent their feelings onine when previously they might have done it at a match . When was the last time we heard any chants of “******* out” at Notts? Colin Murphy? Steve Thompson? We’ve had quite a few who’ve deserved it since.

No one was shouting for Nolan to go at the game on Saturday, but I bet there were plenty who were thinking it and said it on FB or Twitter or on here when they got the chance.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast