+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations Alan Hardy

Congratulations Alan Hardy

I'm not a huge fan of AH based primarily on his egotistical profile. However, his desire to make Notts County successful cannot be questioned. Not only has he invested significantly to secure the club, but also backed KN with funds to buy new players. His latest act to dismiss KN demonstrates what those who know him through his other business dealings hold to be true. He will not accept underperformance!!
    I've also been a critic of Nolan, even during the first half of last season. Whilst his approach and standing in the game definitely contributed to securing league status in 2016/17. The turgid football he delivered in 2017/18, even when playing winning football pre Xmas 2017 evidenced his limitations as to his coaching abilities. Results pre Xmas 2017 were as much down to hard work and endeavour than ability.
    For those in rose tinted glasses (Swale), what's happened since Xmas has been horrendous. Not just results. KN's continued trust in Stead and Duffy and his bringing on of Smudger to qualify for a win bonus for the last 5 minutes of games has been ludicrous.
    His refusal to address the defence pre season and the departure of Dickinson has allowed the remaining players to underperform with impunity. Brisley who played effectively in an uncomplicated style I like to see in Centre halves, even when burdened playing alongside the club donkey last season, has completely lost the plot.
    The new man or woman (there's a marketing ploy there AH) whoever that is, has a big task.
    Well done though Alan. It needed to be done. There is no guarantee the next incumbent will be successful. This is the most fickle of sports and applicants will promise the earth. Most will come with mixed fortunes in their CV's, I can't imagine Pep will be applying. It is often luck rather than judgement that provides the outcome. You deserve to be lucky AH, your support of our club is appreciated and I hope rewarded. COYP

Quote Originally Posted by LesBradd4England View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of AH based primarily on his egotistical profile. However, his desire to make Notts County successful cannot be questioned. Not only has he invested significantly to secure the club, but also backed KN with funds to buy new players. His latest act to dismiss KN demonstrates what those who know him through his other business dealings hold to be true. He will not accept underperformance!!
    I've also been a critic of Nolan, even during the first half of last season. Whilst his approach and standing in the game definitely contributed to securing league status in 2016/17. The turgid football he delivered in 2017/18, even when playing winning football pre Xmas 2017 evidenced his limitations as to his coaching abilities. Results pre Xmas 2017 were as much down to hard work and endeavour than ability.
    For those in rose tinted glasses (Swale), what's happened since Xmas has been horrendous. Not just results. KN's continued trust in Stead and Duffy and his bringing on of Smudger to qualify for a win bonus for the last 5 minutes of games has been ludicrous.
    His refusal to address the defence pre season and the departure of Dickinson has allowed the remaining players to underperform with impunity. Brisley who played effectively in an uncomplicated style I like to see in Centre halves, even when burdened playing alongside the club donkey last season, has completely lost the plot.
    The new man or woman (there's a marketing ploy there AH) whoever that is, has a big task.
    Well done though Alan. It needed to be done. There is no guarantee the next incumbent will be successful. This is the most fickle of sports and applicants will promise the earth. Most will come with mixed fortunes in their CV's, I can't imagine Pep will be applying. It is often luck rather than judgement that provides the outcome. You deserve to be lucky AH, your support of our club is appreciated and I hope rewarded. COYP
    Good post LB4E up until you mentioned Pep...

For those in rose tinted glasses (Swale), what's happened since Xmas has been horrendous.
    Don't panic. I've had them re-tinted to match recent results and performances now.

Name:  1x-Tinted-Polarized-Oversize-Myopia-Glasses-Mens-Womens-Black-Frame-Lens-0-5-to-6-0.jpg_640x640.jpg
Views: 2641
Size:  42.3 KB

You need them blacked out to view recent performances.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    You need them blacked out to view recent performances.

I would certainly hold back on any congratulations until I hear the replacement!! getting rid of managers to appease a minority of fans who shout loudest is & has always been the easy option, ask RT, the difficult bit is employing the right bloke in the 1st place & then sticking by him when times get tough.

I'll pass on the backslapping until we know who the replacement is.

Nolan was holding back Hardy in his ambition. That was evident as early as May 2017 when they did that interview together in Radio Nottingham's London Road studio with Charlie Slater, Hardy was talking about going up the following season but Nolan was saying it would be too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I would certainly hold back on any congratulations until I hear the replacement!! getting rid of managers to appease a minority of fans who shout loudest is & has always been the easy option, ask RT, the difficult bit is employing the right bloke in the 1st place & then sticking by him when times get tough.
    I would hope Al came to his own conclusions and sacked Kev because he thought it was the right thing to do. I very much doubt he would be swayed by the moanings of a few fans.

Good idea re female coach, perhaps one of his sisters will be interested in replacing him.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast