+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations Alan Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I would hope Al came to his own conclusions and sacked Kev because he thought it was the right thing to do. I very much doubt he would be swayed by the moanings of a few fans.
    Of course he did. If anything, he only waited so long to appease the moaners about the moaners. Once their numbers were down to a handful, he wielded the axe. It has been coming for ages but he didn't want to appear impatient.

If he puts Chettle as caretaker manager I will piss myself laughing.

I would hope Al came to his own conclusions and sacked Kev because he thought it was the right thing to do. I very much doubt he would be swayed by the moanings of a few fans.
    Agreed C G, if he sacked Nolan on the advice of of some of the so called Pundits who post on this Board purporting to be privy to the knowledge of God's Beautiful Game then God help A.H., his Business Accumin would certainly take a downward spiral in my book and many others to I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    If he puts Chettle as caretaker manager I will piss myself laughing.
    As soon as you had finished typing your latest offering, I contacted Amazon and ordered by special delivery a gross family size case of Tena Lady just for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Agreed C G, if he sacked Nolan on the advice of of some of the so called Pundits who post on this Board purporting to be privy to the knowledge of God's Beautiful Game then God help A.H., his Business Accumin would certainly take a downward spiral in my book and many others to I suspect.
    What's up Bridg4d, annoyed that no-one's listening to your mantras?

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I would certainly hold back on any congratulations until I hear the replacement!!
    Very wise. Jamie Fullarton springs to mind!

Quote Originally Posted by LesBradd4England View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of AH based primarily on his egotistical profile. However, his desire to make Notts County successful cannot be questioned. Not only has he invested significantly to secure the club, but also backed KN with funds to buy new players. His latest act to dismiss KN demonstrates what those who know him through his other business dealings hold to be true. He will not accept underperformance!!
    I've also been a critic of Nolan, even during the first half of last season. Whilst his approach and standing in the game definitely contributed to securing league status in 2016/17. The turgid football he delivered in 2017/18, even when playing winning football pre Xmas 2017 evidenced his limitations as to his coaching abilities. Results pre Xmas 2017 were as much down to hard work and endeavour than ability.
    For those in rose tinted glasses (Swale), what's happened since Xmas has been horrendous. Not just results. KN's continued trust in Stead and Duffy and his bringing on of Smudger to qualify for a win bonus for the last 5 minutes of games has been ludicrous.
    His refusal to address the defence pre season and the departure of Dickinson has allowed the remaining players to underperform with impunity. Brisley who played effectively in an uncomplicated style I like to see in Centre halves, even when burdened playing alongside the club donkey last season, has completely lost the plot.
    The new man or woman (there's a marketing ploy there AH) whoever that is, has a big task.
    Well done though Alan. It needed to be done. There is no guarantee the next incumbent will be successful. This is the most fickle of sports and applicants will promise the earth. Most will come with mixed fortunes in their CV's, I can't imagine Pep will be applying. It is often luck rather than judgement that provides the outcome. You deserve to be lucky AH, your support of our club is appreciated and I hope rewarded. COYP
    A woman ! Tell me one who's qualified enough ? We lose 20 on the bounce , sorry Wendy you're sacked . ***ist ! Reinstated . We lose 19 out of the next 20 . Wendy who I failed to mention is black is sacked . Now we are racist as well . Reinstated.

I hope your right gump & Al does seem a good business man who you would think was capable of making his own decisions, but he is also new to this game & a few fans shouting loud enough can certainly sound like a majority! I know that you were in favour of a change whereas I would have given it longer but AH has made his decision & I will support whoever he appoints, my main worry is that it was only a few weeks ago that AH gave KN a new contract & apparently breathed a sigh of relief because at least now we would get compo when he was poached, if that is supporting your manager/mate then I fear the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I hope your right gump & Al does seem a good business man who you would think was capable of making his own decisions, but he is also new to this game & a few fans shouting loud enough can certainly sound like a majority!.
    That's the problem with the internet age. As little as 30 people constantly posting on social media can soon appear to be a majority, when the truth is that in reality it's only 30 people. I'm not sure Big Al has worked this out though.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    A woman ! Tell me one who's qualified enough ? We lose 20 on the bounce , sorry Wendy you're sacked . ***ist ! Reinstated . We lose 19 out of the next 20 . Wendy who I failed to mention is black is sacked . Now we are racist as well . Reinstated.
    Is she transgender?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast