+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Sack Race Begins.

The Sack Race Begins.

Notts. County have parted company with Kevin Nolan after picking up just 1 point in five games this season. County currently sit bottom of L2. I wonder who will be next to lose their job?

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick View Post
    Notts. County have parted company with Kevin Nolan after picking up just 1 point in five games this season. County currently sit bottom of L2. I wonder who will be next to lose their job?
    There are already some calling for Artell to be moved on. Predictably, I am not one. Far too early and, indeed, easy to sack managers after a few poor results.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    There are already some calling for Artell to be moved on. Predictably, I am not one. Far too early and, indeed, easy to sack managers after a few poor results.
    Totally agree, Tim. Early days as yet and football is very unpredictable at the best of times. Who would have imagined that last season's play-off participants would have been bottom of the table at this juncta? I forgot to mention that Gary Johnson also lost his job at Cheltenham.

Sack race has resumed. Shrewsbury, Wimbledon, Swindon and now Notts. County, have been at it this past couple of days. Not the answer all the time, I believe.

Please let Artells name be added to that list tonight

[QUOTE=Wartman;39062941]Please let Artells name be added to that list tonight[/QUOTE

The biggest problem is that we've lost 50k in prize money in 4 days, that is a lot to a club like Crewe! I don't think there is any appetite from the board to sack Artell, but you can guarantee that they won't be happy. They just don't know what to do next. Bowler strongly believes in promoting from within but there is no clear candidate with any managerial experience who could take over.

This is not just Artell's fault, the board should also take a fair share of the blame for our predicament. Artell has shown he is a good manager (in terms of getting players to sign new deals and transfers) but that he is not a coach. Neither do we have the likes of Steve Holland or Neil Critchley behind the scenes anymore, who were outstanding coaches.

Artell has shown he is not the right man for the job, but there are other myriad issues that also need addressing.

Is Dario ever coming back? Its been two years, he's the wrong side of 75, let's give him a proper send off and get a DoF in that is actually allowed to come to work for a start!

An outsider? Well the Iceman didn't do very well

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    An outsider? Well the Iceman didn't do very well
    No he didn't, but that does not mean an external appointment will never work.

The internal ones have hardly been a roaring success either!

Holland: sacked

Davis: 18 months of joy and 4 years of rubbish. Sacked.

Artell: Same place we were when he took over 2 years ago, 75% of fans now want him sacked.

Time for Artell to go. We are going nowhere with him. Maybe Lunt could do a better job, but there is a case for bringing in someone from outside.

I might be wrong but can't help but think that there must be someone out there who could get more from our group of players. We have a few duds in the squad but I also think that we have quite a few decent ones aswell. When I say someone I do mean within our budget of course.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast