+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Kewell

I'd be shocked if it was Cotterill or anybody whose style of play is of that ilk, seems clear that the board want somebody who plays an attractive style. If we have enough players able to do that, then it makes sense. If not, then there's a good chance we're going to be in for one of those rare campaigns where we go through more than two managers. Usually you go from a fancy style to more direct to get out of trouble but Mick Walker in 92/93 is an example of the reverse being very effective.

BREAKING NEWS

Notts County make approach to Crawley Town for head coach Harry Kewell, according to Sky sources.

Quote Originally Posted by eyepie View Post
    BREAKING NEWS

Notts County make approach to Crawley Town for head coach Harry Kewell, according to Sky sources.
    That's obvious, we want to interview him so have to approach Crawley first. Hope we don't end up with him, if so, Hardy has gone full Trew. Probably pick him because he has played for Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by eyepie View Post
    BREAKING NEWS

We need someone who can basically get us out of this division..
    Is it Harry Kewell? I don't think it is but would like to be proved wrong.

Hard to gauge how good or not he is at a club like Crawley. A crazy ascent into L1 from nowhere, but that's probably going to be as good as it ever gets for them. Staying in L2 would most likely be their best hope from here on in and he had them do that more comfortably than the season before he joined.

There's also the question of what we can afford. Throwing names like Mick McCarthy into the hat just doesn't seem very realistic.

It's pretty pointless saying 'no from me' when you're not the person with the money.

Not my choice either and I think the Liverpool infatuation is part of the reason AH is interested (as I said days ago), but Kewell is bright, enthusiastic and ambitious, and it's not his very first job. There is a bright side to look at, unlike with Fullarton or Kiwomya. At least he knows to get the best out of Enzio. I don't fancy his chances of recruiting a centre half in two days though.

I think his best asset is not being one of the huge list of sacked old plodders who once got a 38% win rate out of some team of Northern monkeys, who seem to be the names that keep coming up

Let’s face it. Kewell has been up there since the start and at crap odds has remained there.

For me that suggests someone has blabbed. And HK will be in office by tomorrow.

What the hell is going on. The problem at notts is we can't stop conceding goals so we need an experienced manager who can sort that issue out. It's not the time to appoint someone to play expansive football, we are crap at the back. Bloody hell notts Harry Kewell.

Who the feck would want to manage Notts though? Only two of the past 27 managers since Warnock are still managing at football league level......talk about the manergerial graveyard.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast