+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Harry Kewell

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Yes, and also bring in players . I hear we are interested in Karl Henry.
    Wiki says Henry is 36 and a staunch Tory so I suggest we definitely look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by roweyp View Post
    Leeds paid only £500k for Higginbotham so wouldn't be anywhere near £400k for Kewell. If Hardy said there wasn't enough room in the budget for Collins and O'connor then he isn't going to waste a lot of money on compensation. The important issue is around recruitment of at least a centre back, keeper and left back. Without those three places being filled it really doesn't make any difference who is manager.
    I'd rather get a battling centre midfielder over a left back, don't get me wrong, Jones is awful but we can get Kellet to play there or even Oxlade-Chamberlain I believe. We don't have anyone who can battle in the midfield though

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Wiki says Henry is 36 and a staunch Tory so I suggest we definitely look elsewhere.
    Horrible, dirty midfielder. Exactly what we need. Would bring a bit of height too and can play midfield and centre half if memory serves.

Assuming his legs haven't gone would be a great acquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mirror
    Notts County have told Crawley they won’t be held to ransom for boss Harry Kewell after being told to pay £400,000 compensation, writes James Nursey.

League Two bottom club County want to poach Kewell from rivals Crawley to replace the axed Kevin Nolan.

But Crawley are insisting they meet Kewell’s surprise huge contactual release clause for the Australian and his assistant Warren Feeney.

County are baulking at the fee and will move on to AFC Wimbledon’s Neal Ardley if Crawley do not lower it.

Kewell, 39, has been head coach of Crawley since May 2017, winning 18 of his 57 games , but feels the Magpies have more potential.

Quote Originally Posted by SolSigns View Post
    Good points. I basically said the same on the other fred, but if AH's gut is saying Kewell he should go with it. I'd take the 400k with a pinch of salt, but agree that we'll do nothing until the team can defend.
    You're going to trust the gut of someone who saw KN as a future England manager, told us we'd be in for a treat on matchday following a training session, shed a tear on getting a Liverpool (the club he really supports) player on loan, told us he'd delivered on the promise of a stronger squad after the mid-season transfer window etc.

OK we've no choice to go by what he does but his judgements at this level are about as good as JonnyT's.

400 K for Kewall

Its just madness

For that money why did,nt they just keep Forte , o conner and Colin and Milson and even get bishop

Notts County should tempt an experienced manager maybe one out of work and use this to pay his wages

I bet, Crawley love Notts County they already had over £300,000 for Boldwin now another £400,000. Do not forget a few years ago they had £150,000 for Macleod , and we know how that turned out?

Still at the end of the day its the Alan,s money to spend how he sees fit

But if he appoints a manager the fans are not happy about, the new manager wont be given long to do well before the fans turn against him.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Yes, I spotted that, When they said Notts needed a nasty player, I didn't think they meant that nasty.

Why do we even know his politics anyway? Why would a footballer come out with political statements, I don't remember any others doing that, except Sol Campbell, and look at the state of him.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Horrible, dirty midfielder. Exactly what we need. Would bring a bit of height too and can play midfield and centre half if memory serves.

Assuming his legs haven't gone would be a great acquisition.

Maybe we should get Guy Branston out of retirement? What we need most is a competent centre back to replace Duffy. And he doesn't have to be nasty, Needham, Short and Yates weren't, they were just good. Stubbs was a bit nasty, but only on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Maybe we should get Guy Branston out of retirement? What we need most is a competent centre back to replace Duffy. And he doesn't have to be nasty, Needham, Short and Yates weren't, they were just good. Stubbs was a bit nasty, but only on the field.
    Our defence coped OK last year when the opposition weren't allowed to waltz through it at will, and yes having 'good' first tier centre halves like Dean Yates and Craig Short would be nice but that's about as relevant as saying Ronaldo could do a job for us up front.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I'd rather get a battling centre midfielder over a left back, don't get me wrong, Jones is awful but we can get Kellet to play there or even Oxlade-Chamberlain I believe. We don't have anyone who can battle in the midfield though
    We've already brought in three central midfielders this summer and Husin not long ago. Add in Hewitt and we have 5 central midfielders

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast