+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Kewell

Notts need much better than the likes of Kewell, thought promotion was the aim this season has everyone given up already.

The person with the most solid record who is available is McCarthy. But he's very set in his ways and might not appreciate Alan Hardy's Twitter habit. I suspect Hardy would prefer someone who accepts interference and steering, a younger man who is grateful for the job. He will also be in awe of players he watched as a fan. That's why Kewell, who played for Liverpool who Hardy supports, seems a likely choice. It could be another emotional appointment in the way Virtue-Thick was.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    The person with the most solid record who is available is McCarthy. But he's very set in his ways and might not appreciate Alan Hardy's Twitter habit. I suspect Hardy would prefer someone who accepts interference and steering, a younger man who is grateful for the job. He will also be in awe of players he watched as a fan. That's why Kewell, who played for Liverpool who Hardy supports, seems a likely choice. It could be another emotional appointment in the way Virtue-Thick was.
    I'd just love it if McCarthy Park came here, but he ain't. Don't want Kewell, there's better out there who are unattached. His club would no doubt require compo. He ain't worth that.

What are people on about " Hardy supports Liverpool" I thought he was a lifelong Notts fan

Rather have Chettle than Kewell

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    What are people on about " Hardy supports Liverpool" I thought he was a lifelong Notts fan
    He never said that, he's local but has often talked about being a Liverpool supporter, which is why he was emotional about signing Virtue-Thick. But he did sponsor Notts years ago so has been a friend to the club, and was attending matches before he owned us, as his Twitter feed showed back then.

Get this man a.s.a.p

Name:  20180826_225348.jpg
Views: 3340
Size:  78.2 KB

Any new appointment is a risk & our record with novice managers is atrocious - so Kewell us a really weird option. Not sure why he is so highly thought of but he would have to be an improvement on Nolan. McCarthy is serially useless and in the same mould as Nolan. Roy Keane summed him perfectly. Not for me, thanks.

Bowyer is the only sensible candidate being seriously mentioned at the moment. Cotterill was brilliant but the chances of him replicating that with this showroom of tripe are remote in the extreme, I'd forget him tbh.

It looks like Gary Bowyer would be a popular choice with most Notts fans …. at least until his first defeat!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    It looks like Gary Bowyer would be a popular choice with most Notts fans …. at least until his first defeat!
    I'd like to take this opportunity to say you heard it here first, just in case he joins us.

'Bowyer out!!!'

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast