+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Kewell

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I'd like to take this opportunity to say you heard it here first, just in case he joins us.

'Bowyer out!!!'
    Too soon?

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Too soon?
    Possibly a tad.

Bowyer or Appleton would be popular so would Cotterill although I think he's unrealistic, no idea why people think that Kewell would be any good.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Bowyer or Appleton would be popular so would Cotterill although I think he's unrealistic, no idea why people think that Kewell would be any good.
    He'd be another gamble like Nolan was, hopefully Hardy doesn't think because he initially got it right with Nolan he should continue taking big risks like that and he gets in someone with more experience. I think that is what's needed this time more so than when we appointed Nolan as whilst it was dangerous then, I think it would be easy for an experienced manager to get this team going at the level it should be performing at.

To be honest, it doesn’t always work that “experience” = success either.

Sheridan was pretty experienced, as was cooper, and Ince, curle and maddog for that matter.

Then there were the many rookies from old boys short and Derry to Fullerton and kiwomya and now Nolan.

Then there was the left field appointment of monitz.

It’s hard to know what kind of manager we need at Notts because most permutations have proved pretty unsuccessful.....

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    It’s hard to know what kind of manager we need at Notts because most permutations have proved pretty unsuccessful.....
    belongs in the "funny cuz it's true" box

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    To be honest, it doesn’t always work that “experience” = success either.

Sheridan was pretty experienced, as was cooper, and Ince, curle and maddog for that matter.

Then there were the many rookies from old boys short and Derry to Fullerton and kiwomya and now Nolan.

Then there was the left field appointment of monitz.

True. It's a bit like players as well. Some clubs have a knack of picking gems from non-league, while others never get it right. Then again, relying on marquee signings works for some and not for others.

Look at Lincoln. They picked the Cowley brothers from obscurity and they're probably the best management team in L2. Plus their MotM Andrade came from Boreham Wood and looks way too good for L2. When Notts do the same, say with Gary Mills and Steve Scoffham, they are inevitably ****.

Still, the best bet is to go for someone who has already for a league team promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Kewell would be a very underwhelming appointment. However I will say that I though Crawley were one of the best footballing sides seen at ML last season and beat us 2-1. He encouraged a young team to play the ball out from the back and they all stuck to the task. You could say he did a very competent job with limited resources last season. However he’s not what we need right now.
    Prepare to be underwhelmed...

Quote Originally Posted by puddingking View Post
    Prepare to be underwhelmed...
    Well how much money does Hardy want to give Crawley this year? Would thought from an economic stand point, Bowyer would be cheaper and also better

Q: What has Kewell achieved as a manager?
    Q: Why would he be any improvement on Nolan?

Crawley finished mid-table last season and are currently mid-table this season so seems odd he one of the favourites

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast